VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1801 - 1820 of 7483 Posts

·
Registered
Harriet the N and Olga-vagon
1,886 Posts
Victoria (my kit) looking pretty before our show last night.

July 4th cookout:

That's homemade bruschetta on portobello's with horseradish cheese(not added during picture), bacon wrapped asparagus in a lemon-garlic-butter sauce, and corn drenched in a garlic-sugar-cumin-cayenne-butter sauce.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
am I the only one questioning whats going on with the spandex mermaid!? why are you all concerned with that dudes grilling technique?:sly:

·
Registered
27,736 Posts
am I the only one questioning whats going on with the spandex mermaid!? why are you all concerned with that dudes grilling technique?:sly:
lol, males and it's grilling season. Someone was too cheap to buy one of of those perforated grilling pans. I took the mermaid rubber shot. It was at a rave in Central Park a few years ago. Never asked it wtf it was doing.

·
Registered
167 Posts
SC

A few fireworks

Backstory on this one: My lady lost her Pap recently and they were very very close. I got a couple of these Chinese lanterns, and decided it would be cool to have her write a little message on it and send it up in the air. Finally get it lit, take this picture of her as it's inflating with hot air, and then give her back the phone so I can send it up.

I let it go, it blows into a powerline, splits, falls to the ground, and burns. :facepalm::laugh:

I had another one but talk about ruining the moment...

I recently discovered Tannerite (for exploding targets) and brought some guns out to our land in WV. I'm a believer; the stuff is a hoot.

·
Registered
82,914 Posts

·
Registered
Harriet the N and Olga-vagon
1,886 Posts
I can understand for the asparagus, but why cover the entire grill with foil?
THE JUICES, MAN! THE JUICES.

I could be wrong. But that looks like the baking sheet. The grill looks uncovered.
Nope, just aluminum foil. What you think is the banking sheet is my grill.

That just makes it seem more odd, adding the foil and baking sheet with a gas grill makes it no different than a oven.
It does, because I hang outside, drink beer, and see the food cook perfectly.

I'd suspect that the foil covered sheets are for transporting the food to/from the grill for ease of cleanup?
Also, this. I was gonna cook them all on the grill, but I had a lot of butter that I wanted to spread on the corn and asparagus and I didn't want to waste it and make a mess at the same time.

BTW, mushrooms cook waaaaaaaay better when they are allowed to "stew" in their own juices.

1801 - 1820 of 7483 Posts