VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Upper strut bar for 2.0 ????

2K views 38 replies 26 participants last post by  Slap 
#1 ·
what u guys have ?
i want eibach/ABT , the square one !!, but they are discontinue and i couldn't put any VR6 strut bar on 2.slo !!! (it was hitting my throtle body)

what u guys have ? not feeling on neuspeed style

show me the picts !!

any further infos to get them will greatly appreciate it !!

See less See more
#27 ·
Re: Upper strut bar for 2.0 ???? (RG3)

What about Eurosport? Here's mine

I don't know why Neuspeed insists on going on both sides of the coolant reservoir

Modified by bajan01 at 9:02 PM 7-17-2003

#32 ·
from my understanding, the autotech adjustable strut bar, or any adjustable strut bar for that matter, is a waste. there is no need for adjustability, its either stiff (strut bar) or not stiff (no strut bar)

#33 ·
Re: (lowazzgolf)

its for a show.. not for a race...

Quote, originally posted by lowazzgolf »
from my understanding, the autotech adjustable strut bar, or any adjustable strut bar for that matter, is a waste. there is no need for adjustability, its either stiff (strut bar) or not stiff (no strut bar)

#36 ·
Re:

Quote, originally posted by Mr. Ginster »
It seems to me the ABD and Eurosport are just copies of the Neuspeed. The majority of European manufacturer's utilize the pivot system like Autotech and like the Abt/Eibach bar you want.

I'm not seeing the similarities.
Beyond them not having the adjuster in the center. Neuspeed and Eurosport look similar...but ABD has double tubes welded together, Neuspeed and Eurosport have one single tube going across with supports welded on the ends. Maybe I'm missing something here.
I wish the Eibach/Abt/MOMO stress bar would fit OBD-2 2.0L cars or I would have gone that route. I was going to get one when I had my VR6 Corrado way back when.
My car: ABD Racing

Eurosport

Neuspeed

#37 ·
Re: Re: (DomozitoLK)

Quote, originally posted by DomozitoLK »
I'm not seeing the similarities.
Maybe I'm missing something here.

While the ABD looks different, it still utilizes the same philosophy as Neuspeed, 2 mounting points on each strut housing, no hinge.
The Eibach/Abt and the Autotech bar as well as many others, have plates that mount on top of the strut housing and then the bar attaches to that.
It's just 2 different design philosophies and the later seems to be more widely used by the top manufacturers.

#38 ·
Re: Re: (DomozitoLK)

Quote, originally posted by DomozitoLK »
I wish the Eibach/Abt/MOMO stress bar would fit OBD-2 2.0L cars

I'm running the Eibach bar in my '98 Jetta 2.0L OBDII. It took a bit of convincing but it fits. My throttle body & coolant bottle don't hit anymore. I'll post pix if i get a chance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.