VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting an Upsolute FMIC installed within the week here and just wondering what I could be expecting from it?
Car is 1.8T AWW with Ko3s, Upsolute Software, ForgeDV, N75J, CAI
thx

·
Registered
7,207 Posts
Re: Upsolute FMIC (Royale5)

Quote, originally posted by Royale5 »
I was unaware that Upsolute made a FMIC, any pics or a link?

Looks like its for the TDI.

·
Registered
7,207 Posts
Re: (Holksvagon)

Quote, originally posted by Holksvagon »
nope. new one out for the 1.8T

Do you have a link for it? I couldn't find it on their website, only the one for the tdi.
Can you tell us about it? Which sides are the inflow and outflow? Dimensions? Price?

·
Registered
7,207 Posts

Looks promising, I wonder if that endtank is split... It has to be I would think....

Modified by judoGTI at 5:03 PM 5-19-2004

Modified by judoGTI at 5:03 PM 5-19-2004

·
Registered
1,623 Posts

That's still ~$1200 US. Pretty pricey. Any better pics of the core? They state that it's vertical flow, but there are no endtanks on the top/bottom. Looks like the Forge design rather than a true vertical flow.

·
Banned
6,142 Posts
Re: (judoGTI)

Quote, originally posted by Upsolute FMIC »
We have them already. The intercooler kit comes with replacement intercooler pipes. It was designed by Corky Bell for Bell Intercoolers. It is priced at $1100.00 US. Most of the 1.8T guys like bling and not zing though as dzljet put it. The pipes on our's are powdercoated black to reflect and radiate heat. Most 1.8T kits come with polished pipes The intercooler can be optionally powdercoated as well for a stealth look that is actually more effecient. The intercooler is rated for 600 cfm and is based on a 5 " vertical core with inlet and outlet on the same side, , most 1.8T intercoolers on the market, the ones popular on the vortex anyway, use a horizontal core and the inlet and outlet are on opposites sides, increasing pipe length considerably creating pressure loss. They are also very large cores, 8 inch I think. Most people assume bigger is better, intercoolers are measured by effeciency and pressure drop. They need to be customized for the application, too large is not good. But if you are after the hearts and minds of the ***** crowd down at the AW rootbeer stand or where ever they happen to hang out , the bigger it is , the better it looks, there's allot of bling. One further thing to mention. Our 1.8T intercooler does not require removal of the crossmember, it actually is recessed and in the case of a frontal impact with a deer it actually survived the hit as it should. Here are some pictures

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
Re: (Don R)

There will be another vertical core intercooler kit out next month. Eurojet has it in the works , i just recieved one of there large core horiz- kit in there recent GB and the quality and customer service is second to none!!!!!!!!
Bob.G

1 - 20 of 66 Posts