VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I talked to John at Upsolute. He doesn't have anything planned. He said if I could get 15 people we could get a good deal. I already have 2 people, myself and my buddy included. All we need is 13 more people. If you are interested please send me an email ( [email protected] ) We will probably shoot for late Feb early March.
PS this GB is available for all years and models.
This is for people in the midatlantic region. The group buy will be held in south jersey.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Re: Upsolute group buy (tdinoulis)

quote:[HR][/HR]
This is for people in the midatlantic region. The group buy will be held in south jersey.[HR][/HR]​
What if I am willing to mail in my ECU? Also does/will Upsolute remove the speed limiter?

[Modified by BoraDR1VER, 5:00 AM 2-7-2002]

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Re: Upsolute group buy (BoraDR1VER)

Kendall - All chip gurus remove the speed limiter. They also remove the rev limiter as well.
Count me in tdioulis, but I also would need to send mine in as well. o btw, what kind of deal? Under $300?

·
Registered
722 Posts
Re: Upsolute group buy (1BadAzzVR6)

quote:[HR][/HR]Kendall - All chip gurus remove the speed limiter. They also remove the rev limiter as well.
Count me in tdioulis, but I also would need to send mine in as well. o btw, what kind of deal? Under $300?[HR][/HR]​
I still have a rev limit~6900 rpm.

·
Registered
45,143 Posts

what would the price of the group buy be? also, where about in south jersey would the install happen? If the price is right, i may be in for 2....

·
Registered
335 Posts
Re: Upsolute group buy (JUS_GT_EYEZ)

It would be in Bayville, NJ
409 Cumberland Ave 08721
I live at 1601 Riverview Terrace
Belmar, NJ 07719 and would do any mail orders there.
REG cost is 325, 15 or more 275, plus fee to remove the ecu.
I propose to set a date and push towards it, say Feb 23,24 or March 2,3
Let me know.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Re: Upsolute group buy (John Achille)

guys i was thinking of pulling my ecu out this weekend and sending in can i get the kind deal?

·
Registered
1,128 Posts

Whats the fee to remove the ecu? Will you also have bailey DV's there?
Im IN!!!

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Re: Upsolute group buy (20vJetta)

What if we remove the ecu by ourselves, will the final price be $275?
btw, I'm very interested in this BG. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
33,982 Posts

I thought Upsolute GBs didnt cover mail-in orsers since each dealer has its own territory...
On the ECU removal...if Golfs/Jettas is really easy to remove the ECU. No need to remove the wiper blades. New Beetles are a bitch to remove.
Try hitting the 1.8T forums, the Passat forums, and TDI forums, there you will find a lot of possible buyers.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Re: Upsolute group buy (ROCKRLR)

Doh, This always happens!!!!! I just got upsoluted by John A a few weeks ago
Now there is a GB going on..... Oh well, For all the VR6 people, i can attest to the quality of the upsolute chip http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif The car feels much more alive since I got it 3rd gear feels as strong as 2nd, and DBW lag is 99% gone. The chip is definately a worthwhile mod, especially for the price 275$

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Re: Upsolute group buy (1BadAzzVR6)

quote:[HR][/HR]Kendall - All chip gurus remove the speed limiter. They also remove the rev limiter as well.
Count me in tdioulis, but I also would need to send mine in as well. o btw, what kind of deal? Under $300?[HR][/HR]​
UPsolute doesn't feel the need to remove the speed limiter or rev limiter. Yes, they are still on.
Removing the ECU, with an extra hand, is about a 5-10mins ordeal. It just takes some knuckle busting. I hosted an UPsolute GB of about 40 some people at my house a year ago, and helped remove about 20-30 ECU's. Fun times.

·
Registered
33,982 Posts
Re: Upsolute group buy (THE Wuss)

The rev limiter is not removed, but UPSOLUTED
In my VR6 has gone from 6500 to 7200. Also, i have not gotten over rev limiter DTCs in my Upped VR6, and I do have cleared those from Upped 1.8Ts.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Re: Upsolute group buy (ROCKRLR)

Wow, I was just about to see if I could organize an Upsolute GB...

Yeah, count me in...Feb 24 would be ideal, cause its next to my bday!
Actually, March 2-3 would be bad for me , so if I can sway others to go for feb...
Count me in and keep me posted!
Thanks

·
Registered
335 Posts
Re: Upsolute group buy (SpeedyGLX)

what codes? There will be no codes caused by me chipping the car.
If you mean preexisting codes, I would, but it ties up my computer when I should be chipping. If you don't mind waiting, then I have no problem checking it out, just cannot hold up the process, stuff like that tends to delay others appointments.
If I do it I will not charge more than a beer.

Upsolute - Service

[Modified by John Achille, 1:27 PM 2-7-2002]

·
Registered
3,803 Posts

I'm in NJ.. I'll be watching this thread.. and when the price is posted.. I will let you know..
How does Upsolute compare to GIAC or APR?
-Bart

·
Registered
729 Posts
Re: Upsolute group buy (TurboBmaNN)

Does any know for a fact that Upsolute optimizes the timing and fuel as well as boost level, or does it just up the boost?
I was reading GAIC or APR claim that they are the only ones that optimizes everything, not just upping boost levels.
Just trying to wade through the marketing muck. Please, facts only, no guesses or assumptions. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.