VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IT IS SAAAWEEEET!!!!!!!!
The car already was running awesome with the PiperCross Viper CAI and the standard UPsolute program... but now!!! It's another beast!!!
1st gear: better throttle response and when it gets past 2300 rpms it goes nuts all the way to redline!!!!!
Nothing like before!!
2nd gear: w/ my new biting clutch I get thrown back and the car goes crazy again!!
This is my favorite gear now!! although all the gears are my favorite now..... because this is true also for 3rd, 4th and 5th!! Even on the highway in 5th the car now pulls like crazy!!
I LOVE IT!!! Thanks UPsolute and thanks Garrett for a job well done!!! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
GET UPSOLUTED TOGETHER W/ THE VIPER 1.8T PEOPLE!!!! HOLY ****E!!

·
Registered
13,488 Posts
Re: UPsolute ROCKS!!!! I just got an update for the Viper CAI... Let me tell you... (1.8Trippin)

That's exactly the setup I envisioned for myself. Glad to see you're happy with it. I know I will.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Re: UPsolute ROCKS!!!! I just got an update for the Viper CAI... Let me tell you... (rolymoly)

whats the difference between the pipercross viper cai with the standard upsolute program, and the updated program?

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: UPsolute ROCKS!!!! I just got an update for the Viper CAI... Let me tell you... (JETTA420)

The Viper one is tuned to take advantage of the intake... You'd have to ask one of the UPsolute people exactly what they've done...
I love it anyhow!!! The top end is just amazing!!! ... I knew this was going to be the biggest benefit (top-end)... but I didn't know that the entire powerband would be like it is!!!!

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: UPsolute ROCKS!!!! I just got an update for the Viper CAI... Let me tell you... (FasTaZZgOlf)

The combo of UPsolute's new program, the Viper, and a DV is creamin' good!!
The sounds alone are crazy!!
I think the turbo is even louder now... but can't really tell because everything is loud and I can't take my eyes of the freaked out RPMS!!

[Modified by 1.8Trippin, 11:35 AM 4-5-2002]

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Re: UPsolute ROCKS!!!!

I have a BMC CDA with the NGP hardpipe with actually turns it into a CAI, similar to the viper. I also have an UPsolute chip.
1) Is there an update for AWD motors?
2) Can I use it with the BMC CAI? It should be able to take advantage of it since it is so similar to the Viper and so different from stock intake. (Of course I am going to try it anyway if it is available
)
Thanks!
Patrick

·
Registered
420 Posts
Re: UPsolute ROCKS!!!! (JETTA420)

The viper is supposed to be moving quite a bit more air (their claims), and from my experience with it on my vr, I'd say that is an accurate statement. It also revs ALOT quicker, and felt stronger throughout the powerband. I didn't need a new program for my application, but did need a new FPR to keep from running lean. I would think most aftermarket chips would already be tunned for a general level of mods, though that's not to say your programming is the UPsolute best it could be.

·
Registered
6,491 Posts
Re: UPsolute ROCKS!!!! I just got an update for the Viper CAI... Let me tell you... (Fistofsouth)

Just got upsoluted today on my vr6... i can feel the few extra hp's and i don't have the annoying lag as soon as you hit the gas pedal http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.