VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
16,956 Posts
I don't have any rally posters but have picked up others at different events we cover. My favorite is an actual 2008 24 Hours of Le Mans event poster that I picked up at the track that year. I have an old architectural filing cabinet in my home office where I store those things and this one is so big that it won't fit in that. Since I've gotten to know Tom Kristensen, Allan McNish and Dindo Capello I've been tempted to take it back to a race and try to get them to sign it given it was the Truth in 24 Year, they won and Dindo is featured on the poster but it's just so cumbersome that I probably won't bother.

·
Registered
747 Posts
I've got an old BFGoodwrich poster with John Buffum's Quattro next to a Porsche 924 Carrera in a quarry. It's in pretty rough shape... I've had it since I was a kid. I'll take a pic of it when I get home.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've got an old BFGoodwrich poster with John Buffum's Quattro next to a Porsche 924 Carrera in a quarry. It's in pretty rough shape... I've had it since I was a kid. I'll take a pic of it when I get home.
Bad Asss! I have a IMSA 90 poster. It has the specs and it pretty sweet.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Here it is... Kinda lousy pic, but it was the best I could get... I've had this poster since I was about 6 years old (around '85 or so...) and it's pretty rough... Got torn down a few times durring heated games of Nerf Basketball back in the day. :laugh: I wish it was in better shape, it's one of my favorite things.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
I got some different ones as I bought many 80s magazines to do my internet library of old Audi inline five cyl articles at ableitet.no.

Got the cut away Audi rallye Quattro and some 200 TransAm atleast.

But, my gem - now - is probably my newly aquired genuine 1982 Sport Quattro technical drawing, seems to be a design evolution thing, and it's marked Audi internal and such. :thumbup:

·
Registered
8,485 Posts
Here it is... Kinda lousy pic, but it was the best I could get... I've had this poster since I was about 6 years old (around '85 or so...) and it's pretty rough... Got torn down a few times durring heated games of Nerf Basketball back in the day. :laugh: I wish it was in better shape, it's one of my favorite things.

Woah!!! flashback!!!

I remember that poster...I had the same one back in the day.....

·
Registered
747 Posts
Took out the dSLR today to show you guys the sketch. Hope you like it!

O... M... G... That is AWESOME! Thanks for sharing that. Now I need to blow that up and print it out...

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
I put it in a frame as soon as I got it. Sadly I missed out on the identical thing for urquattro :(
Quality of the picture isn't that good, so, not sure if your blown ups will be good.

But yes, it is awesome. So was the price... :eek:

(I should say I'm not sure the print is from 1982 itself, but it is a copy/render of the 1982 item. Then again, this is still stamped with genuine Audi thingies. It says "Approved development-pause. Internal use only", so it makes sense if it is from 1982 aswell.)

·
Registered
8,485 Posts
I put it in a frame as soon as I got it. Sadly I missed out on the identical thing for urquattro :(
I know where the other one went... :cool:

I can send a decent quality scan in an email if anyone's interested...
PM me. :beer:

Trying to post the image on P bucket, but it's not happy with me right now.

Edit:
It's a pretty big file (10MB)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.