VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not getting fuel spray from my cold start valve because it is not getting an electrical signal. I have replaced the fuel relay and cold start valve. Thermotime switch reads good resistance and has voltage for a little while after the engine is cranked.
When I put 12 V direct to the csv, i get fuel. There is no power getting to the csv through the electrical connector. I am stumped on this one. Itis on an 85 with CIS. TIA, Sam

·
Registered
22,718 Posts
Re: Urgent cold start help required. (Sam89Wolfs)

thermo time should have little to no reistance at cold start, thus activating the CSV, and then after a bit it should shut off.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Urgent cold start help required. (The_Hamster)

Thanks hamster. I think the thermotime switch may have too high resistance then. I am guesstimating the car is at 15 C and the resistance is like 3700 ohms. I will dig further. Maybe I was given the wrong resistance chart? Thanks Hamster! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Doh! I bridged the terminals on the thermotime connector and still no power at the csv. Is there a circuit that goes back to a cis control box?

·
Registered
22,718 Posts

go by what the chart in hte book says, there should be some resitance to run the themo switch, but not an incredibly high ammount. is there power to that connector?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts