VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone, i have a 2004 VW phaeton 3.2

today the screen that controls all of the air con, radio etc went black and keeps switching itself on and off.
even when i turn the car off and get out the radio still comes on and off

Is there anything i can check? i have held the RESET button down but the screen doesnt come on and it still goes on and off around every 10 - 20 seconds.

is there a fuse that i can take out otherwise having the stereo on and off all night will drain the battery?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Strangely I started having the same problem yesterday. (2008 3,0)

The screen went black, the buttons wouldn't respond 90% of the time. Also, the screen (and two buttons-CD and AUDIO) would glow black even when the car is locked. And the music would start to play for a couple of minutes and then stop and so on...
I had to disconnect the batteries... at least for the night.

Would be nice if someone could give some tips :confused:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Update: leaving the batteries disconnected fixed the problem and the screen and buttons started working as it should...
at least for the first 5 minutes or so :facepalm: After that the screen started to glow black again and it wouldn't turn off even after locking the car.

I tried holding the reset button and that fixed the problem... again for a couple of minutes.

Then I tried to pull out the 17th fuse under the steering wheel fuse box. Again... the problem came back after a couple of minutes of using the infotainment screen.

So right now I have to leave the fuse out, in order for the screen to be shut down.

I would really appreciate it if someone could give some suggestions or explain what is causing this :(

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just joined this forum, and we have a 2005 Phaeton, V8 that is experiencing a black display screen and does not turn off properly. This is the system that controls the a/c, climate control in cab, radio... Using the reset does not help. Noticed there were three comments the last dated Sep 14, 2014 addressing this problem. Did anyone ever find a solution to this problem. Did you find a company to repair your system? Thank you

1 - 4 of 4 Posts