VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

21 - 40 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
8,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Well, now it's official atleast... Long travel, finally testdriven and deal is sealed. It'll be a 8hr drive home tomorrow.
Late reg 1988 ('89 model?) Edition Spéciale, grey metallic, black leather, Lehmann built 2.2L feat. some Gr. A & B parts. :screwy:

...wow! Congratulations!!!!

·
Registered
696 Posts
Lehmann built 2.2L feat. some Gr. A & B parts. :screwy:
...but I think I'll start with some Audi Sport driveshafts, ordering them tomorrow (IMSA?). :)
Wow. Where does one find parts like that? Your car deserves its own thread. :thumbup:

Where did you find your Quattro? I thought I was following scandinavian Audi classifieds closely but I never saw this one up for sale.

·
Registered
8,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
I know the owner of this car, it's in fantastic shape!

And, I know the owner of this car, and it's still being rallyed!!

And I believe I know the owner of this car.
It was used as the US Spec car for the 1985 brochures....Graphite Metallic, with black leather.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts

Need to refurbish those Ronals, need to find orange turns. Having these compomotive wheels in nearly the same shade doesn't work for me.

Heres a quick view of a A4 Supertouring axel I got to borrow for measures (and possible buy), as I struggle to find info on what is on offer; IMSA, DTM, STW etc. Light as hell with 4100 grams only! :eek: Audi Sport carbon weave for the win.

·
Registered
8,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Is that ur quattro rally car from Michigan?
This particular car is from Washington state.

But there is a rally replica running around Michigan, and also I believe a rally car (in these same motorsport colours) somewhere in the upper midwest.....that is probably the car you're thinking of. :beer:

·
Registered
8,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Is that a custom ordered plate provided by your vehicle registration department?
If not, are you able to run a replica plate on the front of your car?

In the States, and Canada, certain areas allow for this.

·
Registered
52 Posts
went to go look at this one for sale locally... was very excited! But upon closer inspection it was
a lost cause due to rust. Take a look closely and guess details about this one ;)

·
Registered
8,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
went to go look at this one for sale locally... was very excited! But upon closer inspection it was
a lost cause due to rust. Take a look closely and guess details about this one ;)

The only clues I can see is that it's a European car,(or has been visually converted) LHD, and is an earlier model. 1980-1984.
And given the larger size wheels, it might have upgraded front brakes.

21 - 40 of 120 Posts