VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently installed a USA Spec aux adapter on my double din monsoon factory radio. But, I have a popping like sound when I use it. It seems to be coming from the tweeters, and isn't rhythmic or anything, just random. I'm thinking its a bad ground for the adapter (stuck it on the back of the radio under the rubber piece, but no nut), bit wanted other opinions. I don't have the radio keys, so I can't go digging in and find out at anytime. I plan on borrowing them again and trying to solve the issue, but I want a few suggestions on what I should look for. I'm listening to a Droid X through a 3.5 to RCA cable

·
Registered
15 Posts
i have the same problem. it happens usually if i hit a big bump. try wrapping it in foam or something to isolate the vibrations. where did you put yours? mine is under the shift boot and i have it surrounded by that foam thats under there

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mines stuck back behind the radio, off to the right towards the glovebox. I'm thinking it's either vibrations or bad ground. Haven't been able to get my hands on a set of keys again yet (can't justify $20 for a tiny peice of metal :p) to do anything though

1 - 4 of 4 Posts