VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a '86 jetta wofsburg on tuesday, it weas in decent shape, and had been thourougly gone over by two mechanics, and a number of brake parts had been replaced.

well I noticed a little problem with the brakes, so I figured that there must be an airr bubble in the system somewhere.
so I mtake it to the local vw dealer (Vannee VW in leth, really good guys)
and behold, master cylinder is shot, has a cracked brake hose and a tierod end is screwed.
this was completly missed by two safety inspections. Maybe there's something to be said for taking your VW to people who know your car, and you trust.
oh well I got a good deal on the car anyway, it just means I'll have to delay my 16v swap a couple weeks.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: used car blues (ViolentBlue)

Ya i should have checked it out better, but even with the few problems its a good deal.
Ibought it with the intention of swapping out the engine and replacing the exhaust, trasing the cis-e injection for a turbo volvo cis unit, so Basically I bought the shell
the locqal vw dealer had a history on this car back to '90, it had been well maintained
these are just things that should have been fixed BEFORE it had passed safety inspection.
safety inspection seem to be a quick way to make money for a garage, rubber stamp and pocket the money having done a minimal inspection.

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
Re: used car blues (1992jetta-2)

1992jetta-2, have you done any mods to your car yet? I havent seen any pics or you saying anythin about it

·
Banned
14,893 Posts
Re: used car blues (eastcoastdubs)

He doesn't like to talk about the twin turbo and 7 speed sequential gearbox set up.

·
Banned
2,754 Posts
Re: used car blues (Vdubs)

why would u not expect problems with a 92 ,it is a used car and also its 9 years old http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif my car only has 54k an i had to change a few parts but it was worth it for the shape my car is in for an 85

1 - 6 of 6 Posts