VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Slightly off-topic I know, but I've been doing my own oil changes for a while now, and the large 16L bucket that I have been storing all the used oil in is just about full. Where do you guys take the used oil? Does Canadian Tire recycle it or what?

·
Registered
4,529 Posts
Re: Used Oil -> how to dispose of it? (LilBlkCL)

Do what everyone does, throw it in Lake Ontario

Take it to Canadian Tire. They will glady dispose it for you. I've taken my oil to them and just walked in and gave it to some mechanic and that was it.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Re: Used Oil -> how to dispose of it? (lowblackdub)

oh crap, you have to walk in, and hand it to a mechanic, oh crap, all this time I would go there around midnite, and leave it in front of their doors like I was commiting some kinda offence, oh crap, wat a waste of time, hahaha,
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
8,893 Posts
Re: Used Oil -> how to dispose of it? (LilBlkCL)

I mostly save it up for when I take a trip to the States,
"Oh really officer, I guess I must have busted my oilpan!"

·
Banned
5,712 Posts
Re: Used Oil -> how to dispose of it? (Ferris Buehler)

Quote, originally posted by Ferris Buehler »
I mostly save it up for when I take a trip to the States,
"Oh really officer, I guess I must have busted my oilpan!"

Hey.....isn't it your day off?

·
Registered
782 Posts
Re: Used Oil -> how to dispose of it? (icuravwnut2)

Crappy tires has oil disposale bins in the back. You don't even have to go in. Just go to the back, and look for it. I looks like any normal metal garbage bin but it should say "Oil Only" on it.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Re: Used Oil -> how to dispose of it? (PIMP 1.8T)

Here in Windsor, you just mark it as used oil and leave it on the curb on recycling day. You might wannna check to see if they do that where you live.

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
Re: Used Oil -> how to dispose of it? (GTXBOY)

the old crappy tire on steeles @ kennedy were azzhats... they'd charge you the disposal fee to give them the old oil... i'd have to run the midnight mission!

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
In halton county they take it for free at the landfill site. There is a small building on the way in that says hazardous materials. There is also an old shed you can leave half filled cans of paint at. If someone else needs paint they can take it for free and vice versa. Seems really well run to me.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Re: (vwmattsmith)

Check with your municipality. As far as I know, Canadian Tire takes the used oil, but Richmond Hill/Markham has a hazzardous waste depot. You just call ahead or something. Can drop off oil, paint cans, etc. Your tax dollars are paying for it, might as well use it.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Re: (vwmattsmith)

cripes....listen to you guys! Recycle! We use it in our garage to get fires goin in the woodstove....works wonders!

·
Registered
21,846 Posts
Re: (Blue_Bug)

Quote, originally posted by Blue_Bug »
cripes....listen to you guys! Recycle! We use it in our garage to get fires goin in the woodstove....works wonders!

I use it with an old paint brush as ghetto-rust proofing under the hood before winter....
- dac

·
Registered
8,633 Posts
Re: (Big Dac With Fries)

Take it to any Mr.Lube, they will happily (and for free) recycle your oil, and your oil filter. They have a partnership with Safety Kleen. I believe they will take other fluids too like coolant.
This is what I used to do until I started working for a dealer

·
Registered
9,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: (Red Baron Golf)

http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 18 of 18 Posts