VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
COTA announced today that this year's US Grand Prix is now firm. Plus they announced a Taylor Swift concert after qualifying on Saturday (not as nice as Elton John last year but sure beats Pit Bull from 3 years ago). Tickets go on sale April 6th. Last year my turn 12 tickets dropped in price $100 from $500 to $400. This year the tickets for my preferred seating area will be $410. I made hotel reservations last week. This year the hotel will cost me the normal weekend pricing at the Hilton Garden Inn North.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No off site parking for $30 this year. Had to pay $125 for track parking. Granted the rain last year made off site parking useless.

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
Wished i lived that close. I did go to Indy every year when it was nearby.
I did thoroughly enjoy Austin in 2012. I wonder how things developed around that track. Isn't it located in Elroy, actually???

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wished i lived that close. I did go to Indy every year when it was nearby.
I did thoroughly enjoy Austin in 2012. I wonder how things developed around that track. Isn't it located in Elroy, actually???
It is and not at all really. :D

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
Glad I didn't go last year but went the year before 2014 at turn one. Great seats, you can almost make out each drivers faces from where I was. The thing I still am disappointed about is the drivers autograph, I don't know how it was possible that the tickets were gone when I was 45th of the first 100 people inside the complex on Friday. Still thinking if we should go or just watch the coverage from home.

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
It is and not at all really. :D
Next GP experience will be Montreal for me. It's about the same distance as Austin. If i get my passport renewed in time, maybe even this year still??

VET has the best ever Montreal story that he told on Letterman one year. After leaving Canada post GP, a customs agent asks him what his reason for visiting was. VET told him that he went to the GP. The agent then asks him whether he had good seats. After a long pause (and that VET grin) he tells the agent, yeah i actually had a really good seat!! :p:laugh:

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
COTA announced today that this year's US Grand Prix is now firm. Plus they announced a Taylor Swift concert after qualifying on Saturday (not as nice as Elton John last year but sure beats Pit Bull from 3 years ago). Tickets go on sale April 6th. Last year my turn 12 tickets dropped in price $100 from $500 to $400. This year the tickets for my preferred seating area will be $410. I made hotel reservations last week. This year the hotel will cost me the normal weekend pricing at the Hilton Garden Inn North.
this is for a three day pass right? if not this year defenitly next year.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I'd really like to get to CoTA for an F1 race, and I might just start making some calls to see who I could head out there with. I might skip the Swift concert, though... Unless my wife goes, too. Then I know there'll be no getting out of that. :facepalm::laugh:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts