VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Are you interested in pre-ordering?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Vendor
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Good morning all. I've created this poll to gauge interest in possibly creating a pre-order for our upcoming turbo kit.
We aim to keep this kit as flexible as possible so with that some people might not need/want the tuning offered with it and prefer to go another route. That may be standalone or swapping in a factory mk4 1.8t ecu with immo-defeat. Whatever suits your fancy, participate in our poll here so i can track numbers and persons when the time comes to order!

Pricing is supposed to be HIGHLY fair, competitive, and AFFORDABLE which of course would vary based on if you need the tuning and/or injectors. Think about it, 80% of the kit you are supposed to source yourselves from junked 1.8t engines and people parting out their cars.

:peace::beer::beer::peace:

· Registered
11,248 Posts
Id be in, as long as its cheaper than swapping in a 1.8t haha.

Ill probably go 1.8t harness and ecu + stock piping and intercooler. If i dont like it id be set up to just drop in a 1.8t long block and start modding!

But i think there will be enough room to get some decent power with a tune and a fmic and exhausr

· Vendor
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Alright folks, we're about 2 weeks out from release of our Base kit which will officially be the manifold, oil lines, water lines, and our Genesis II 440cc injectors (not 500cc). No group buy, no special promo pricing, just get em while they're hot!:D

Again, this will only be 20 manifolds available on the first run! Why, you might ask? Quite simple, we need to assess how much of a market there is and also it is what we can afford to take a risk on.

So go ahead and those 20people lurking in the shadows, STEP ON UP! :beer::beer::beer:

It will be a couple months before the next batch is ready once these sell out.

Expect pricing to be right around $750

· Registered
11,248 Posts
Are the manifolds offered seperately? If so i will definately buy one.

im asking because i just dropped $6k on a big turbo URS4 and now my mk4 has just become my side project.

I will buy the manifold as soon as its available, and pickup the rest of the pieces needed as i go along (remember side project, side budget).

Please let me know, ive been following this project for what seems like more than a year, and i'll be very dissapointed if its not offered seperately. I'll settle for manifold + lines. In fact, i already have the 1.8t oil pain installed

· Vendor
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
*******clarification*********

LADIES AND GENTS! I feel the need to clarify.

Over the last few weeks i keep getting questions in relation to mk3 and mk6 cars.

So i'll say this flat out. This is a mk4-centric kit! That means it's meant for the mk4 cars so they can take mk4 1.8t parts and swap them over and they will fit.

Could those same parts, piping, SMIC, etc fit the mk3 and mk6. I'd say with about 70% certainty, yes. HOWEVER, there will be inherent difficulties where you have to add additional pipe length or custom brackets.

You have to understand that going in and be willing to try it and provide VALUABLE feedback to others in your position. That last part is key.

I don't want you taking this and being discouraged but this is the reality and to ME that reality isnt too bad, just will require more thought and time on you the customer's part. :beer::beer:

We plan on releasing a pipe to go from the 1.8t SMIC to the mk4 8v intake manifold so those of you mk3 guys who swapped to that manifold MIGHT be able to use that as well. Again it might need changes.

We have Mk1/2/3-compatible downpipes we plan to release. However, we're not going to produce drop-in specific piping for Mk1/2/3 *AT THIS TIME*.

REMEMBER: This is supposed to be a very basic kit of course components and the rest of it you the customer have to source and figure out on your own. It's a way for you to save money and us to save production time. :peace:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.