VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so, for valentine's day, i got some rad presents. among them were a euroswitch, set of PIAA wedge bulbs for the city lights, and 2 sets of silverstars. woowoo! disabled the daytime running lights, installed the euroswitch, silverstars into the low beams, and that was pretty easy. but, the high beams were a no go, and i'm lucky i could get my hand in there. no guy would be able to unless they had hands like count chocula. sucked. so, i'll have to get that done elsewhere. also, took my grille off to have it painted and ended up snapping the hood release tab. but back to the lights, they make a huge difference. has anyone else done this w/o taking it all apart? we just removed the covers on the back of the lamps.

Modified by turboBOESE at 9:21 PM 2-16-2004

·
Banned
1,206 Posts
long time no talky babe
congrats on the prez's
speak later http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

AIM: yngwieviking

·
Registered
8,794 Posts
Re: (Taddd)

yo megatropolis...i snapped my hood latch thing too, i can give u quick fix if need be, hit me up or shoot me an email at work tommoro bizzzzznatch...

·
Registered
7,663 Posts
Re: V-DAY MOD FUN (turboBOESE)

Quote, originally posted by turboBOESE »
so, for valentine's day, i got some rad presents. among them were a euroswitch, set of PIAA wedge bulbs for the city lights, and 2 sets of silverstars. woowoo! disabled the daytime running lights, installed the euroswitch, silverstars into the low beams, and that was pretty easy. but, the high beams were a no go, and i'm lucky i could get my hand in there. no guy would be able to unless they had hands like count chocula. sucked. so, i'll have to get that done elsewhere. also, took my grille off to have it painted and ended up snapping the hood release tab. but back to the lights, they make a huge difference. has anyone else done this w/o taking it all apart? we just removed the covers on the back of the lamps.
Modified by turboBOESE at 9:21 PM 2-16-2004

so does anyone have any clue how we can get to those high beams and city lights? let us know! thanks!

·
Registered
8,794 Posts
Re: V-DAY MOD FUN (SHUMopper)

Search and you shall find...here ya go: Word
Golf/GTI Headlights:
USA Spec DOT:
Low Beam: H7
High Beam: H7
Fog Light: H3
Turn Signal: 3457 NA (Natural Amber)
City Light: W5W
Euro Spec Ecode:
Low Beam: H7
High Beam: H1
Fog Light: H3
Turn Signal: PY21W (or BAU15s)
City Light: W5W
OEM HIDs:
Low Beam: HID Bulb
High Beam: H7
Fog Light: none
Turn Signal: H12V21W
City Light: H6W

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: V-DAY MOD FUN (KevinC)

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahaha. oh count chocula...pour me a bowl and help meeeee!!!

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Re: (Taddd)

Hey, I was thinking about killing my DRLs, but I thought about something...DRLs go on you insurance as a safety precaution. If you get into an accident (whether it is your fault or not), is there any feasibilty in thinking, that if your insurance provider gets wind that your DRLs were disconnected, that they can choose not to cover the damages???

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: (JM1681)

nah, they'd never know. it's not like that. they don't even look into those kind of things when there is an accident. and besides, u just place a piece of tape over the prong on the headlight switch, and that's how they get disabled. it's not permanent. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
7,663 Posts
Re: (turboBOESE)

nah, they'd never know. it's not like that. they don't even look into those kind of things when there is an accident. and besides, u just place a piece of tape over the prong on the headlight switch, and that's how they get disabled. it's not permanent. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

exactly! a piece of electrical tape over the TFL prong and you should be set!

·
Registered
2,317 Posts

Thanks for the info. I knew about the electrical tape prong thingy, but the whole things been bugging me for a while. I suppose they could also tell me that because I have an intake and this, that, and the other thing on my car, that I was going faster than I should have anyway. Thanx again for the tips fellas.

·
Registered
528 Posts

bagawka!

speak english...and you need to get an Mark 2 so you'll only have one bulb to replace.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Re: (JM1681)

Quote, originally posted by JM1681 »
Thanks for the info. I knew about the electrical tape prong thingy, but the whole things been bugging me for a while. I suppose they could also tell me that because I have an intake and this, that, and the other thing on my car, that I was going faster than I should have anyway. Thanx again for the tips fellas.

Mah, you're worried about nothing.
That is, unless you're either prone to accidents, or you have really bad cops in your area. The last thing they're worried about is your DTRL's, or an intake, etc, etc.
They're more concerned with speed, reckless driving, stuff like that.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Re: (KoZmiK)

Put simply, I have more excessive noise and indicator tickets, and more warnings for 3mph over the limit, than probably a good portion of the people on this board. The cops in the local areas SUCK!
I'm not necessarily accident prone (knock on wood), but I do have a black storm cloud above my head 24/7 and things tend to never go good for me or mine. I'm still amazed my credit inquiry went through for my 20th. So in the scheme of things, you yourself said "...or you have really bad cops in your area...", I should be semi-concerned.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts