VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know some settings to use the V-tune? Any andvice or comments about that program. It just looks like it may be kinda fun to use. Thanks

·
Banned
12,870 Posts
Re: V-tune questions (slickdaddy187)

In FL, without an IC upgrade, I wouldn't mess with timing. Just bump boost a bit. On the stock turbo, leave the fuel tweaks alone as well.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts

Quote, originally posted by slickdaddy187 »
Does anyone know some settings to use the V-tune? Any andvice or comments about that program. It just looks like it may be kinda fun to use. Thanks

Damn dude you live right next to me. Get a FMIC then bump up the timming to 2.25

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
Re: V-tune questions (20V-Turbo)

I have a FMIC and I am not able to advance timing. Probably due to the reason that I am requesting 110% boost

but even with 100% the timing could not be advanced more then 1.75 on my setup.

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
Re: V-tune questions (03 GTI)

Quote, originally posted by 03 GTI »
i run 116.xx% boost and 2.25 timing

thats a lot of boost and timing ...
Whats your timing retard? And how does the retard look after 3 consequtive WOT runs. My timing went all the way up to 4.5 average after 3 4th gear runs. The first run was with only 1 degree.
What about requested/actual logs?
Here is my thread http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1319182

·
Registered
751 Posts

I just got schooled with V-tune. A friend helped me while on the Dyno. Just go up 1 psi at a time and check to see if you are pulling timing or on the knock sensors. You can add all of the boost you want but if it's pulling timing your wasting your time. I dyno'ed at 198.2 WHP with 18 psi boost and 3 degrees of timing on 103 racing fuel.
Go slow !!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts