VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

V10 price listed for NAIAS correct?

572 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  spockcat 
#1 ·
According to the Vortex listing of the V10 Touareg at the Detroit auto show the diesel price "Starts at $57,800". This is a lot higher than I had been led to believe by my dealer.
When I called 1 800 DRIVEVW they claim that the pricing on the V10 is still not going to be decided for a few more weeks......yet they still contend that the first oil burners are coming off the ships in February?????
Are the window stickers going to be put on at the docks or by dealers??? I think not.
If the Touareg at the autoshow is indeed 58K I hope it is fully loaded with the pps package!
Someone here must be sneaking into the Detroit show or have heard SOMETHING! Please pass along anything you have heard.
Thanks,
Chris

#2 ·
Re: V10 price listed for NAIAS correct? (diesel king)

There was plenty of discussion on the V10 pricing here a few weeks ago. Try a search.
I do believe that the sticker is applied at the port. Many of the cars come in with no specific dealer assignment. The dealer name is printed on the window sticker. So it only makes sense this is where the sticker is applied.

#3 ·

This has been discussed many times. VW announced it a few weeks ago on their media site that it's going to be 57K. They did not mention what options it's going to have though. Hopefully it will have more options than the V8, like keyless start!!!

#5 ·
Re: V10 price listed for NAIAS correct? (mr.vw)

Quote, originally posted by mr.vw »
chance are you'll NEVER see keyless start in the US....
thank the sue happy, ambulance chasing lawyer's for this one...

I guess MB, Cadillac, Lexus and Toyota must be pretty dumb to be making this option available huh??

VWoA should really fix their existing keyfob issues before they venture bringing this over here...
Meat

Modified by meatster at 2:25 PM 1-7-2004

#6 ·
Re: V10 price listed for NAIAS correct? (shervinf)

Quote, originally posted by shervinf »
This has been discussed many times. VW announced it a few weeks ago on their media site that it's going to be 57K. They did not mention what options it's going to have though. Hopefully it will have more options than the V8, like keyless start!!!

Where can we find the VW media site?

#8 ·

Posted by mchatchet1 here:
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1158805
Standard Features:
Telematics by Onstar
Air Suspension
Bi-Xenon headlamps with washer system
Silver Roof Rack
Options:
Convenience Pkg.
Winter Pkg.
4-zone climatronic 19"
Sound System 1
Navigation with Sound System 2
Rear Diff. Lock
Parking Assistance
Premium Package for V10 TDi includes:
Navigation, Convenience, Nappa Leather, Myrtle or Vavona wood trim and
6 Disc CD changer.
Options are the same price as V8 except the Premium package price is to be determined.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.