VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently bought a 2002 V6 4motion with 15000 on the clock. Sometimes driving the car it feels really responsive, super revvy and you can feel it pushing you back in your chair. Other times it feels laggy, the instant power isnt there, it just feels like its sort of climing up the revs and it doesnt feel like all the power is there.
Has anybody experienced anything like this with their 4motion? Any ideas of what would cause this?
The other question I have is about the faulty ignition coils. How can I tell looking in my engine if my coils are possibly faulty, if they are faulting could this be causeing the loss of power, would the car still run if they where failing and would a warnign light come on in my dash if there was a problem there.
Hope someone out ther can help me out
Wullie

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Re: V6 4Motion feeling unresponsive (Wullie)

MAF? Brake sensor? You should probably hook a VAG-COM up to it and see what you get. Usually with a coil failure the care will misfire and be undriveable (assuming it can run at all).
Good luck,
Tim

·
Registered
1,347 Posts

Is it a manual transmission? I know that my stepfather's Audi feels majorly quick sometimes and really slow others thanks to the stupid torque converter.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: V6 4Motion feeling unresponsive (Dogdude222)

Yea, its manual transmittion. What exaclty is a torque convertor? (pardon my ignorance
)

·
Registered
4,470 Posts

I have a 24V but not a 4motion. Occaisionally my motor has lag due the drive by throttle system. There is a lag in power especially after shifting due to thr system. It is not faulty but can become an annoyance. Try the 24V VR6 forum on here and talk to MikeDav on these forums, he is one of the few UK Dubbers I have seen and has a Bora V6 4motion.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Re: V6 4Motion feeling unresponsive (CoolWhiteWolfsburg)

Quote, originally posted by CoolWhiteWolfsburg »
drive by throttle system.

Drive by WIRE!!! not throttle....

·
Registered
1,347 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Wullie »
Yea, its manual transmittion. What exaclty is a torque convertor? (pardon my ignorance
)

A torque converter is a device that essentially replaces the clutch in an automatic transmission setup (sort of). It uses fluid to transfer the torque of the engine to the automatic transmission. Torque converters are often controlled by computers now and tend to get stupid when they get hot anyways. The point is....automatics suck.
With regards to your car...if I had to guess, I would either say that it is the drive by wire system or you are just feeling the acceleration more on some days than others.

·
Registered
4,182 Posts
turn the key to the accessory point, hold the accelerator pedal down all the way for 5 sec. then turn the key forward to start the engine.
this will reset the settings for the throttle sensor. or something. might help

1 - 8 of 8 Posts