VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
did they ever make such a thing my friend is trying to tell me that some crown vic police cars have v6's or l6's in them, maybe supercharged or something... thanks...

·
Registered
26,702 Posts
Re: v6 crown vic??? (MiCrO)

I thought they just had a couple of different V8's you could get. Plus a interceptor version

Seems like taxi cab drivers like to get a hold of these cars, ever see Interceptor taxi's around your town?

·
Registered
20,077 Posts
Re: v6 crown vic??? (VWVancouver)

quote:[HR][/HR]I thought they just had a couple of different V8's you could get. Plus a interceptor version

Seems like taxi cab drivers like to get a hold of these cars, ever see Interceptor taxi's around your town?
[HR][/HR]​
There's an old woman here in Victoria with a mint condition ex-PC Crown Vic. It even has the driver-side external spotlight (probably 'cause they didn't want to fill the hole left in the door if it was removed).
I know a cop who finally gave in to curiosity and pulled her over to ask about the car. Apparently she bought it at auction in the states.

·
Registered
21,218 Posts
Re: v6 crown vic??? (F1_Fan)

Ford hasn't offered a six-banger with the Crown Victoria platform for many years... though surely Ford might be tempted to do so some day, like in keeping with tradition with a six-banger low-price economy model.

·
Registered
4,054 Posts
Re: v6 crown vic??? (MiCrO)

I've not heard of any 6-cyl Crown Vic. However, I've read that Chevy built Caprices with the 4.3l truck V6 for taxicab companies...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts