VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just found out that Tire Rack is sold out of winter tires for the treg, either the 17" or 18".
I was thinking about getting the 17" wheels and putting the Dunlop tires that come with the v6 on for the winter. So my question to you guys is how do the Dunlops perform in the snow, as this is my primary need for them? According to the Tire Rack web sight, they say they are summer tires. I think this must just be a mistake on their part. Believe it or not my 19s are not that bad in light snow, but I do not want to take a chance. Thanks in advance for any help.

· Registered
7,850 Posts
GREAT SNOW TRACTION

We had a little snowstorm that blew into Colorado just over a week ago, about three inches of snow with ice on the ground. The Dunlops performed flawlessly. I think the combo of tires, stability control and traction control worked together to make for a confident feel while driving around.

· Registered
463 Posts
Re: V6 Owners- Tire Question (redealmaker)

If I were going to have a set of 17" rims with dedicated snow tires, I'd use Nokian WR 235/65's. Same diameter as stock, slightly narrower to cut down to the pavement, and can be used year-round if desired. "Only four-season family of tires that carries the Severe Service Emblem exceeding new government snow condition regulations."
http://www.nokiantires.com/new...id=17

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.