VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a V8 filter cartridge handy to take some measurements from? I'd like to compare it to some other cartridges before dropping 4 times what a filter is worth at the dealer. Thanks.

· Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: V8 filter quest..... (Bjowett)

Some gathered info....
VW 077 115 562 V8 filter, retail price $17.66 ... The filter in box has the number 077 115 561 H. I found an A6 V8 owner's post from about a year ago over on Audiworld whose Audi filter reads 077 115 561 G. Price paid $38. Usually a suffix/letter change indicates a supercede.
The demensions of the Treg V8 filter match those of the V8 Audi filter and the VR6 filter.
Hengst and Mann spec the same filter for the Audi V8 and VW VR6.
Hengst E1001H D28 Mann HU932/6n
Neither have a part number for the Treg V8 filter....However, when using the Hengnst cross reference number system, the VW number 561 G and H do not match anything. The 562 gets a Hengst number E356H D56 - this filter does not have an manufacturer/model/engine application in the Hengst catalog.
I plan to examine Audi V8 and VW VR6 filters tomorrow.
Early thoughts.... I can't imagine the Audi V8 or VW VR6 having different filtering requirements from the Touareg V8.
Comments?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.