VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep thinking I am going to buy newer jetta TDI, but I wanna go crazy (maybe) on my fox. Ive heard a few stories about small chevy v8 being a possiblity.
Ideas?
Put it this way, bigger might be better, and Im not affraid of breaking stuff. So go wild on ideas
Marko

·
Registered
260 Posts
Re: V8 (yuflesh)

oh wow, you're walking on ice there... in installing a totally dif. engine, you're gonna have to deal with so much stuff.. one of these is balencing the engine with the center of g. on the fox, and also figuring out what kind of tranny fits/what axels/radiator and engine compartment space... it seems to me, nothing is worth that much work

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Just tub out the Fox body, build your own frame underneath it, and then mount whatever driveline you want however you wish. Build the rest of the car around that.
My brother used to talk about putting a V6 Camaro driveline under a Fox wagon body, figured it was the easiest way to make a Fox run 12s.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.