VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
6,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rather than hijack someone's build thread....
The tennis ball vac resevoir that normally hangs from the hood...anyone have any good pics of it all hooked up? Should my '82 have had one? I have one in a box-o-random-parts, but there isn't one installed under the hood. Any help?

· Registered
999 Posts
Re: Vac resevoir question (YJSAABMAN)

here is a picture of how it is mounted to the hood

and here is how it hooks into the other vacuum lines.

as to if your 82 should have it or not I do not know. I would think that it would help in breaking if you had a vacuum assist on your cab, not to mention if you have a a/c car it would help with the vacuum regulators. Please someone chime in if I am wrong. Hope that helps

· Registered
18,724 Posts

If it has working A/C, it should have the reservoir installed.

· Registered
6,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Vac resevoir question (kamzcab86)

The A/C is most definitely NOT working, and the pieces of the system keep disappearing. Fancy that. Also, the one that I have is not nearly that large.
Another question, spurred by the second pic. I see where it tees off the vac, right in line with the feed to the HVAC (as is evidenced by the check valve to the left of the tee in the pic), but what is the dealy off the intake to the RIGHT of where the tennis ball dealy pulls it's feed? I broke the small fitting (on the side, where the line to the res/HVAC coems off) off of mine but accident while changing injector seals. What is that part? Is that vac reference that opens something in that little gizmo, or what? I just have things plugged to prevent leaks, right now.

Modified by YJSAABMAN at 4:15 PM 11-27-2006

· Registered
999 Posts

The vacuum line comes out of the intake into a coupling with two perpendicular nipples and an integrated check valve. On mine the first one goes to to the hvac system, from which the reservoir is teed off. The second nipple on mine is capped off. The line then comes out of the coupling check assembly and into a hard plastic vacuum line that feeds the power brake booster. I believe you are referring to the line that is capped, if that is the case then I do not know. I scanned my bentley but could not find any info as to where that line would have gone.

· Registered
18,724 Posts
Re: Vac resevoir question (menotyou)

Quote, originally posted by menotyou »
I believe you are referring to the line that is capped, if that is the case then I do not know. I scanned my bentley but could not find any info as to where that line would have gone.

IIRC, all of those ports are capped on stock CIS engines.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.