VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at replacing My 14 Year old Vaccum Hoses and I'm Wondering if VIBRANT SILICON HOSING Are a good replacement?
Has anyone ever tried them?Thanks

·
Registered
8,006 Posts
Re: Vacuum Hose Replacement? (limecorrado)

Me personally would just get the OE hose, cloth wrapped but that's just me.

·
Registered
8,006 Posts
Re: Vacuum Hose Replacement? (Black_G60)

Did you buy any Adam?

·
Registered
4,021 Posts
Re: Vacuum Hose Replacement? (1967ghia)

I didn't, but I plan to. I know a few ppl that have used them and have been pleased. I saw them on Ricky's (1990VWCorrado) car and they looked nice and were of good quality.

·
Registered
4,021 Posts
Re: Vacuum Hose Replacement? (T34418L31)

Quote, originally posted by T34418L31 »
would the silcone hose be ok for the ecu to tb line? or is the cloth one mandatory.

I have heard ppl using it without a problem....but its generally thought best to use the oem in this case...thats what i'm doin at least

·
Registered
614 Posts

I have them on my car. I used the silicon on the ecu-tb line and I haven't had any problems. The Starter Kit provides almost enough to completely redo all the hoses. The only one that is not included is the largest hoses from the charcol canister.

·
Registered
4,021 Posts
Re: Vacuum Hose Replacement? (mrkrad)

Quote, originally posted by mrkrad »
along with the isv, i believe the carbon canister is ghey.

lol

truer words were never spoken my friend http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
67 Posts

I seem to have boost and vacuum leaks . if its not the pipes this will help right?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Re: Vacuum Hose Replacement? (mericw)

It depends on which hoses have (potential) leaks. It couldn't hurt to replace them if you haven't done it already.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts

Quote, originally posted by 1967ghia »
Me personally would just get the OE hose, cloth wrapped but that's just me.

OEM hose is so sh!tty though...the rubber layer is extremely thin, very easy to crimp the hose...also, the cloth frays so easily it hardly seems worth replacing it. I used rubber hose I got from an autoparts store to replace all my vacuum lines, even my ECU hose at some point...the diameter isn't critical, or so it seemed, my car ran exactly the same with either hose.

·
Registered
4,021 Posts
Re: Vacuum Hose Replacement? (BLWN4BNGR)

universal starter kit...the one that is 58 bux http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
8,006 Posts
Re: Vacuum Hose Replacement? (sold on expense)

I wouldnt say it's sh!tty, I just like my bay to look as factory as possible. I dont' know if you guys are talking about colored hose or not, but I like the black fabric kind its never let me down. I don't think it will kink unless your putting some mad angle on it, and if that's the case I would just use little plactic angle piping like a t-fitting but not.
Quote, originally posted by sold on expense »

OEM hose is so sh!tty though...the rubber layer is extremely thin, very easy to crimp the hose...also, the cloth frays so easily it hardly seems worth replacing it. I used rubber hose I got from an autoparts store to replace all my vacuum lines, even my ECU hose at some point...the diameter isn't critical, or so it seemed, my car ran exactly the same with either hose.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts

Quote, originally posted by 1967ghia »
I wouldnt say it's sh!tty, I just like my bay to look as factory as possible. I dont' know if you guys are talking about colored hose or not, but I like the black fabric kind its never let me down. I don't think it will kink unless your putting some mad angle on it, and if that's the case I would just use little plactic angle piping like a t-fitting but not.

I just don't like the stuff because its so expensive compared to regular rubber hose. And it seems to look already aged when its brand new...but you're right, it does keep the stock look. Just like that aluminum block off plate and anodized fittings on your charger do too, right?

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Re: Vacuum Hose Replacement? (sold on expense)

Quote, originally posted by sold on expense »

I just don't like the stuff because its so expensive compared to regular rubber hose. And it seems to look already aged when its brand new...but you're right, it does keep the stock look. Just like that aluminum block off plate and anodized fittings on your charger do too, right?

OWN3D

seriously, i have redone the whole shebang in yellow (duh) silicone hose.
i got it at a mag and tire retailer ( the ones that hold shift knobs, cheap rear spoilers, cheaper neon kits, you know you got one near your home
) very inexpensive and it will be much easier to monitor the condition of the hoses as they age than the factory cloth covered stuff. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
29,608 Posts
Re: Vacuum Hose Replacement? (yellorado)

the ecu line to the FPR and the ECU are the JUGULAR vein to your motor. Go for it, unplug it at 5000rpm wot down the 1/4 mile, and see whats left of your plugs/head/pistons.
No expensive should be spared (including clamp/ziptie). Ask me how i know.
No expensive to get the best that money can buy, and i'd gander that between 1989 and 2004 some improvement in hose technology
have occurred, at least i get spam every day about that subject.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts