VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just changed my cam, I put an autotech 270 deg in there at now ever since the change I have a terrible accel problem. The car now bucks and bogs out when I am accelerating, like it keeps loosing its power and dies out. The exhaust now makes these backfire/ farting noises upon deceleration. And When under the hood I have a huge hiss vacuum leak that I can not find for the life of me. I'm definate that is the prooblem, but only if i can find it. It also backfires through the intake, and man is that scary. I hope someone can help me, if it was CIS I'm sure I could tune it out, but I am clueless to do with Digifant. Any Ideas?

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Re: Vacuum Leak/Acceleration bucking and bogging. Please Help! (negativl)

quote:[HR][/HR]You sure you got the timing right? THe new cam will make it all the more sensitive to being wrong...[HR][/HR]​
agreed, that backfiring is unburnt gas shooting through your exhaust, probably from bad cam/ignition timing

·
Registered
12,837 Posts
Re: Vacuum Leak/Acceleration bucking and bogging. Please Help! (PAGTI91)

yep timing, mine did the same thing, your timing is too far retarded, it needs to be advanced. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
btw as far as the vacum leak check and make sure the intake hose is on good and also make sure the grommet that connects the oil breather to the valve cover is intact if not that would be causing problems.

[Modified by eurozex, 1:06 AM 4-8-2002]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.