VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Re: (r3nt4c0p)

Don't know about the speed limiter, but a post by BBZ in February said the following:
[17 - Instruments] [Recode - 07]: 15230 --> 13230 (seatbelt warning gone)
BTW, BBZ had another mod to change the remote unlocking to open all both doors with a single press of the button -- usually press once opens drivers door and twice opens both doors. Here's that sequence:
[46 - Cent. Conv.] [Recode - 07]: 00064 --> 00065 (one press unlocking)
I just got my new Key-Com cable from Ross-Tech today and am having an old Compaq Presario laptop reimaged to use with it (I'm a Mac user and unfortunately, so not compatible). I hope to do these mods in the next few days. The usual disclaimers apply ... (do at your own risk!). Let us know if that works for you though!

·
Registered
254 Posts
purevolume.com....just found it the other day....fall out boy okay....sayhellosaygoodbye....farther seems forever....

·
Registered
324 Posts
13430 no more key and light on warning when the door is open

Quote, originally posted by LYKUNO »
Don't know about the speed limiter, but a post by BBZ in February said the following:
[17 - Instruments] [Recode - 07]: 15230 --> 13230 (seatbelt warning gone)
BTW, BBZ had another mod to change the remote unlocking to open all both doors with a single press of the button -- usually press once opens drivers door and twice opens both doors. Here's that sequence:
[46 - Cent. Conv.] [Recode - 07]: 00064 --> 00065 (one press unlocking)
I just got my new Key-Com cable from Ross-Tech today and am having an old Compaq Presario laptop reimaged to use with it (I'm a Mac user and unfortunately, so not compatible). I hope to do these mods in the next few days. The usual disclaimers apply ... (do at your own risk!). Let us know if that works for you though!

13430 no more key and light on warning when the door is open

·
Registered
715 Posts
Re: 13430 no more key and light on warning when the door is open (mad)

Is that the original code number, or is that the change-to number? If the latter, what is the original, or if vice versa, what is the new number?
danke

·
Registered
512 Posts
Re: 13430 no more key and light on warning when the door is open (DjJeffRyan)

The from the factory number for the seatbelt warning is 15230. Changing it to 13230 removes the warning. For the one press unlocking, factory is 00064 (press once to unlock driver door, twice to unlock driver and passenger). Changing to 00065 makes it press once to unlock both.
I blew a 10 amp fuse tonight (fooling around with testing LED brake light bulbs in the rear fog sockets) and noticed that not only did I lose the light in the trunk but my power windows and door locks were not working. The fuse position with the key icon (17 I think) was blank so I started pulling all the fuses and looking at them (the diagram on the fuse panel cover is not very clear as far as what all the fuses are for -- some are easy to understand but the icons for others are somewhat mysterious). The owners manual doesn't list the fuse positions, just says find the diagram mapping the fuses inside the cover of the fuse panel.
Bottom line is that I pulled enough fuses to screw up my clock setting, and now my seatbelt chime is back on, the press once to unlock is back to factory, and mysteriously the door locks are now locking when the car starts moving -- I have to disable "auto-lock" to fix that. Shouldn't be any big deal as this is covered on the Ross-Tech site at http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/cars/vwmkIV.html.
I'm thinking that 13430 is the code that will not only remove the seatbelt warning, but will also disable the warning that sounds when the door is open and the key is left in the ignition or headlights are left on. I'll try it out in the morning. Important thing to remember is to always write down the code you're changing from, so you can go back if something doesn't work as you intended or thought it would.
Hope that helps!

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Re: vag codes for speed limiter? (falloutboy74)

i think if you go to the REVO site they have a small software program that you can download for free that you can use with your vagcom cable to change a bunch of things on your car....
http://www.revotechnik.com

Modified by BlueNJ.:R32 at 8:32 AM 6-5-2004

·
Registered
512 Posts
Re: vag codes for speed limiter? (BlueNJ.:R32)

Update ... my last settings for theseatbelt chime and the press unlock are still present -- must have been asleep when I looked last night. This morning the right codes are there. However, when I attempted to enable auto-unlock (unlock when you remove key from ignition) and disable auto-lock (which locks doors as you drive away), I get an error message saying I have to register the VAG-COM software to do that. Hmmm -- I have the latest cable and software (404.0-S). Going to have to check it out as I didn't think registration was required anymore.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Re: vag codes for speed limiter? (LYKUNO)

THanks for all of your helpful sharing.
Where is the best place to purchase vagcaom? How much should I expect to spend, and will I need a PC to run it (I am on a Mac)?

·
Registered
512 Posts
Re: vag codes for speed limiter? (DjJeffRyan)

Hmmm ... there's a drawback ... it doesn't work on the Mac. I have a Mac too, and used my work windows laptop for awhile, but then finally broke down and picked up a used Compaq for a few hundred bucks just to use with Vag-com (worth it to turn off annoying seatbelt chimes or to check warning lights on the dash). I can also use the laptop for web-surfing too, so it's not like it was money not well-spent. Alternatively, if you know someone with a windows laptop who would be willing to occasionally loan it to you for diagnosing your car, that could work out. And if you have friends who are VW or Audi owners and have a laptop, I'd think they wouldn't mind participating. Here's the Ross-Tech site: http://www.ross-tech.com/
I would purchase directly from them -- and their support is excellent.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts