VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 369 Posts

·
Registered
11,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
passaterer is taking over the map from me so email (his profile is linked) him with your information :thumbup::beer:. I do not go on here that often...getting old sucks....DO NOT PM Me looking to get on the Map :banghead:

Updated as of 6/2/13
==============================================================

To search for the nearest Vag-com type in your location in the link below for directions and contact information to the person closest to you:

<Nater Removed link to the map>
10/31/20: Sorry guys...there are some people that want to be removed or info (ie. Cell phone numbers) edited out and it doesn’t appear the map is being monitored. If there is someone who can edit the map please contact me. After the map is edited we can add the link back and reopen the thread.
~Nater>

If you are on the map please provide passaterer with additional contact information (email or cell phone, name, and type of vag come) so he can update the map accordingly.

For new people that want to put their location on the map please email passaterer with the following information and he will update the map:

Name
Alternate form of contact (email, cell phone, or both)

=============================================================

There has been an Andriod app created for the Vagcom Locator and can be found here:

The link to the app on Google Play is here: Vagcom Locator Andriod App

Props to mercavius for the creation of this Android App :thumbup:

Which Vag-com can be used with my car:

see here for a complete list:

http://www.ross-tech.net/VCDS/download/VCDSCompatibilityCharts.pdf

2 x 2 adapter works for cars pre OBD 2 years from 1990-1995
Key-Com works for cars 1995-2003
Micro-Can works for only mk5’s and newer i.e 2005-on. (not compatible with some Audi models)
Hex com (now discontinued) is like the Key-Com
Hex-Can series is compatible with all vehicles 95-on

·
Registered
11,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Va b 23451 hex+can
please provide me with more information than this. I need at the min an alternate form of contact, otherwise you will not be added to the map. There are way to many people that are on the map that people have not been able to get a hold of because they are never on vortex.

Thanks for your understanding

·
Registered
466 Posts
Yes. In the search it gave me only one person but when I used that other link with the huge list. O pmed like four people in Nj that were local.

·
Registered
11,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes. In the search it gave me only one person but when I used that other link with the huge list. O pmed like four people in Nj that were local.
cool man just checkin. ya that vagolator does have a lot more people on it hopefully someone responds, if not and your ever in the ct area hit me up and ill do it for you :thumbup:

·
Registered
466 Posts
Ok cool man!
That means alot!
Is there anymore shows for this year that maybe ull be at?
Also what's your zip ?
I'll see how far around you are!

·
Registered
466 Posts
ok, i mapped it... your like 4 and half hrs away...
im thinking if no one local will help me, maybe on a weekend ill take the ride up?
will you be able to do a mk6?
and thank you so much for bein helpful :thumbup:

·
Registered
11,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ok, i mapped it... your like 4 and half hrs away...
im thinking if no one local will help me, maybe on a weekend ill take the ride up?
will you be able to do a mk6?
and thank you so much for bein helpful :thumbup:
ya ive got a hex can and can do any car. just let me know if/when you are thinking about comming up and we can figure it out. :thumbup:

·
Registered
11,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hex+CAN 19380, Pa
I need more information than just that to add you to the map like an alternate form of contact either email or cell phone otherwise you will not be added. there are 2 many people on the map that dont have this and that has been one of the main complaints from people that have used this to search.

Thanks for your understanding

·
Registered
512 Posts
Just got VAG-COM. Wanted 2 post instead of PM for the guy that's about to drive 4 hours for a cable.

NJ 07067. micro. [email protected]

1 - 20 of 369 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.