VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Re: VAG-COM port on VR6 Corrados - where's it located?? (Dextrose)

Well, it's not a TRUE VAG-COM port, it's a pre-OBD-II system, but it's an OBD-II style connector.
You can get SOME data from it, but nothing like the new OBD-IIs.
It's in the front center console, pop the cover off the shift lever, and there it is.
Mattias

·
Registered
752 Posts

I never used it, but the dianostic connection is in the shifter boot. You have to pull the boot and hook whatever equipment you hook it up to. At least that's where it was on my G60 Corrado. Hope this helped.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Is this it?? I'm assuming it will still give you the essential error codes at least...right? For example bad MAF, bad O2 sensor?

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Re: VAG-COM port on VR6 Corrados - where's it located?? (Que Aleman)

thats the diagnostic port alright for the corrados... like everyone else said..you will need a cable to convert the obdII that the vagcom comes w/ to an obd I if the person who owns the vag com does not have one...
later
Brian

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: VAG-COM port on VR6 Corrados - where's it located?? (VWpowa)

Thanks for the info guys. My engine is originally from a '95 OBD-1 (coilpack) Jetta. I found the plug under the dash by the fuse block just hanging there. It has the yellow and the grey/white wires running to it. I plugged in the data link port that has the same color wires (the white one in the pic above), so I'm assuming it should be able to read the codes now. I just need to find somebody in the Los Angeles area that has the OBD-1 adapter and a VAG-COM tool.
Yeah right. Will probably just have to break down and order it myself.

[Modified by Dextrose, 2:21 PM 4-6-2002]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.