VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lately my car's been feeling really sluggish from a stop. It's not bogging or anything. The revs climb fine, but the car just doesn't seem to accelerate the way it should. Seems like I'm getting NO boost. It's most prevelant in 1st and 2nd @ part-throttle. I was thinking either a boost leak or slipping clutch so I logged some data:

That little hump in 1st in the 3rd graph is just when my ASR kicked in btw. Anyway do those look normal to everyone else? And is it possible to have a boost leak even if your actual boost seems fine?
Also can someone tell me what your vehicle speed is in 1st gear @ 3K rpms and 2nd gear @ 3K rpms? Thanks.

·
Registered
7,025 Posts
Re: Vag-com runs- do these look normal? (Jay24)

you dont build boost at partial throttle
you dont get full boost in first gear
wht the hell is ASR on?
if you are getting full requested boost then you probably dont have a major boost leak.
post your gear ratios and ill give you the speeds

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Vag-com runs- do these look normal? (AxeAngel)

OK thanks. I appreciate the help.
So to clarify do you think my plots look OK? The actual/spec one is self-explanatory, but I'm not really sure what to look for in the last two. I read non linearity between rpm and speed means a bad clutch?
Also here's the gear ratios for my car:

1st 3.30:1
2nd 1.94:1
3rd 1.31:1
4th 1.03
5th .84
FD: 3.94
Thanks a lot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.