VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(I already posted this before in Golf & Jetta V forum but I think it belongs to this forum more.)
I am communicating with Ross0Tech to solve this porblem but if you have faced similar situation please advice.
I am new to vagcom, I have GOlf Mk5 2004 , I purchased Micro CAN USB interface online from ROss-Tech and dowloaded Vagcom 607, and installed the drivers and connect to my car and it worked fine (for 1 day)
when I tried to use it again second day it stopped talking to any module so I tried the options (test) and I recieved the following
Interface: Found
Type: Ross-Tech uCAN-c
Version: Unknown

I pressed Ok then it asked me either to update or cancel I choose update but I recieve an error can not find/open KN101.BIN and the update failed
I tried uninstalling the USB Driver then reinstall again (using the steps from the manual) but this did not solve the problem.
the LED is blinking in Green when connected.
I have aftermarket radio (could this be the problem?)
I tries to install the software on different laptop but the same problem remains.
do you think I have damaged my car computer or port?

kindly advice

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sebastian, thanks for reply, may be because of the type of my job ( working as a Business analyst) that makes me "think" and "worry" alot.
I always like to know what went wrong and how to avoid it in the future.
I am sure that I'll have all the support from your side, thanks in advance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.