VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was making some vagcom logs last night just to confirm everything's fine after my "boost leak" problem solved.
I also logged group 227 whose 4th value describes as "Temperature C". I got readings from 545 degrees up to 845 degrees Celcius and this temperature goes up when under load or increasing rpm and goes down when slowing down.
Is there any chance that this is some kind of EGT or E Manifold Temp or Turbo Temp ???
I knew that the S cars all had EGT's giving info to the ECU but never heard that about the Passat...
Any info would be of great help http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
6,378 Posts
Re: VagCom Group 227 Value 4. An EGT reading ??? (CarfanaTTic)

Remember the temp pre turbo is much higher, you can expect to lose ~ 200 F through a turbo. 835C = 1535F + 200 = 1735 I wouldnt want any much higher than that. Also O2 sensors are big, and do not have the same response as a thermocouple. 920C = 1688 F + ~200 = 1888 F. Real Fing hot, thank VW for a good head design, and sodium valves, or you would have molten aluminum spitting out your turbo.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: VagCom Group 227 Value 4. An EGT reading ??? (enginerd)

Thank you all for your replies

I have to remind you I do not run -yet- a K04. My turbo is a K03-029.
In clubB5 they told me about Group46 showing cat. temperature.
I guess I'll have to log groups 227, 046 and 034 to compare temperature readings. If 227 is higher it must be EGT...

·
Vendor
ID.4, 997.1
15,444 Posts
Re: VagCom Group 227 Value 4. An EGT reading ??? (CarfanaTTic)

quote:[HR][/HR]S3 and TT225 have one too.[HR][/HR]​
Where is the probe located? I haven't seen that in any diagrams. Is it like the 2.7T where the manifold-to-turbo flange is drilled and tapped?

·
Banned
1,305 Posts
Re: VagCom Group 227 Value 4. An EGT reading ??? ([email protected])

quote:[HR][/HR]S3 and TT225 have one too.
Where is the probe located? I haven't seen that in any diagrams. Is it like the 2.7T where the manifold-to-turbo flange is drilled and tapped?[HR][/HR]​
Doesnt' appear to haveone in the pic of the manfold someoneposted earlier today. I just checked the diagrams like andy mentioned and saw nothing. Havent' dug too deep into a TT so I havent' stumbled across one that way.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.