VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 1464 Posts

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed on the TDIclub forums that there is a list of VAGCOM owners and the regions in which they live so that vortexers can help each other out by avoiding code scanning fees. I'd like to start the same thing here.
If you own a VAGCOM and would be willing to pull codes for other Vortexers, please post your location here so we can all avoid paying $120/hour at the dealership to have the codes pulled

Thanks!
Abe
NOTE: As mentioned below, there is another, more together list already available, but having both resources is very helpful so please continue to list your location here or at:
http://www.steve-hall.com/cgi-bin/VAG-Locator.pl
PS - I'm especially interested in any Bay Area of California VAG-COM owners . . .

Modified by jbrams at 12:03 AM 8-7-2004

·
Registered
751 Posts
Re: VAGCOM owners - list your location here! (jbrams)

There is already a listing on the Ross-Tech site

I'm in Alpharetta Georgia. I've posted on VWvortex in the
local area and people have been more than happy to help
my turn to give back!

Modified by kdiver58 at 9:37 AM 7-3-2004

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: VAGCOM owners - list your location here! (kdiver58)

Well, I'm pretty sure that there is only a list of distributors:
http://www.ross-tech.com/distributors.html
What I'm looking to do is create a list of individuals who are willing to help out other votex members by pulling codes for them (maybe at the cost of a couple beers or something) rather than paying the dealership or AutoZone (who don't have real vagcom tools anyway, just generic).
Keep those locations coming!
Abe

·
Registered
1,068 Posts

Quote, originally posted by jbrams »
I noticed on the TDIclub forums that there is a list of VAGCOM owners and the regions in which they live so that vortexers can help each other out by avoiding code scanning fees. I'd like to start the same thing here.
If you own a VAGCOM and would be willing to pull codes for other Vortexers, please post your location here so we can all avoid paying $120/hour at the dealership to have the codes pulled

Thanks!
Abe
PS - I'm especially interested in any Bay Area of California VAG-COM owners . . .

One hell of a good Idea, Abe....
especially since my CEL came on today for the first time ever, and I could really benefit from somebody else's generosity and their vag-com skills as well.
I'm in Austin Texas.

·
Registered
22 Posts

I AM NEAR LA CALI.....I NEED A SERIOUS DIAGNOSTIC DONE ON MY CAR. I THINK IM IN BAD SHAPE. PLUS, YOU KNOW HOW WOMEN ARE. I DONT TRUST THOSE IDIOTS OUT THERE. CAN SOMEONE HELP ME OUT.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: VAGCOM owners - list your location here! (got_boost)

got_boost , what a great site! Thanks for pointing us towards it, really a great collection of information!
Abe

·
Registered
621 Posts
Re: VAGCOM owners - list your location here! (Mk4Jettaboy)

Chatsworth, CA (SFV) - I only charge $55 or $65 is the package deal with 1 hour of free logs.

Modified by Dog_Eater at 12:19 AM 6-10-2004

·
Registered
1,626 Posts

Billings, MT - email me if you need a CEL checked out!

1 - 20 of 1464 Posts