VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
3401 - 3420 of 4368 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Can someone offer assistance please? We're currently connected via VCDS trying to make the inner and outer brake lights blink together during turn signal function. This is using the instructions on oage 2 of this thread. We coded left first and both inner and outer blinked and illuninatee as expected. We then coded the right and the right behaves like it should but the left now only blinks the outer. All rinning lights act fine. Quadruple checked all settings. Help please

·
Registered
67 Posts
Can someone offer assistance please? We're currently connected via VCDS trying to make the inner and outer brake lights blink together during turn signal function. This is using the instructions on oage 2 of this thread. We coded left first and both inner and outer blinked and illuninatee as expected. We then coded the right and the right behaves like it should but the left now only blinks the outer. All rinning lights act fine. Quadruple checked all settings. Help please
The link below is a jpg that you can print out and take to the car. It for the signals and also the brake lights, not sure if you're doing both. But you should be better able to see what you're doing with a table like the image provides.

http://i.imgur.com/g165out.jpg

·
Registered
363 Posts
The link below is a jpg that you can print out and take to the car. It for the signals and also the brake lights, not sure if you're doing both. But you should be better able to see what you're doing with a table like the image provides.

http://i.imgur.com/g165out.jpg
Thank you!!!!! That did it

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
CachauBantAst (You will need to tell me what your handle means?) : OK, I'm doing this sitting in my study just north of Antarctica trying to deduce how your NAR vehicles are set-up - my guess is as follows:

Pace-Car DRLs (i.e. counter-blinking) for NAR Xenon fittings
Looking at my BCM compare spreadsheet, it seems that the HIDs in your NAR cars have 4 x lamps that operate as DRLs. If I'm reading my spreadsheet table correctly, the Leutche-sets for your DRLs are:
Leuchte2SL VLB10 which is the left-side DRL (angel eye)
Leuchte3SL VRB21 which is the right-side DRL (angel eye)
Leuchte4TFL LB4 which is the left-side Parking light ("side lights"-or the centre Dot)
Leuchte5 TFL RB32 which is the right-side Parking light ("side lights"-or the centre Dot)​
Based on this hypothesis and assuming that your car has DRL wink, I believe that it's just a matter of changing adaptation channel (8) for each of these 4 x Leuchte-sets as follows :

• (8)-Leuchte5 TFL RB32-Lichtfunktion C 5
  • (8)-Leuchte3SL VRB21-Lichtfunktion C 3
change from Blinken rechts aktiv (beide Phasen) to Blinken rechts Hellphase , and

• (8)-Leuchte4TFL LB4-Lichtfunktion C 4
  • (8)-Leuchte2SL VLB10-Lichtfunktion C 2
change from Blinken links aktiv (beide Phasen) to Blinken links Hellphase

Don:
PS: If any of these channels have the setting not active, change to the Blinken link/rechts Hellphase command as above (depending on the car-side of the lamp).
PPS: Of course you could "pimp-up" (hope this is the correct term) my tweak and make my suggested changes above to the 2 x angel eyes, but make the centre dots blink in unison with the turn signal, but this requires more changes!
Thanks for the code...works a treat. gonna take my drls down to 50 instead of 100 as I find its not so contrastive.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Thanks for the code...works a treat. gonna take my drls down to 50 instead of 100 as I find its not so contrastive.
CachauBantAst: First time I have seen my tweak on a NAR car - thanks for posting!!! It looks like your car doesn't use the centre dots as DRL (at least it's not obvious in the video). Guess you didn't make the changes to the centre dot then?

Don

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
CachauBantAst: First time I have seen my tweak on a NAR car - thanks for posting!!! It looks like your car doesn't use the centre dots as DRL (at least it's not obvious in the video). Guess you didn't make the changes to the centre dot then?

Don
Nope, but thinking about it. might post a video later in garage so its easier to see!

·
Registered
1,805 Posts

Don
So IF I decided I liked the rear pace car blinkers Ive seen in videos on incandescent stock tails, Is the coding by Ke cha the route I would take? https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ODmdEfinIK81BuJxDjSG56wfhmJIXprUXgAiuE2G1pM/htmlview

·
Registered
2 Posts
Has anyone fitted Mk7 (2015) Golf R headlights into a Mk7 (2015) GTD or GTi?

Hi all.

I was just wondering if anyone has experience of fitting the Mk7 Golf R headlights (2 x "U shaped" DRL's) into either a Golf GTD or GTi of the same model year?

I have recently done the swap and the results are disappointing and frustrating!

The 2 "U" DRL's light up no problem and even the LED indicators worked without giving a lamp out warning light on the dash display. The problem I'm having is that my Main Beam (High Beam) has stopped working altogether and so has my cornering light function.

The headlights that were originally in my Golf GTD had the exact same kit installed as the Golf R but with only 1 U DRL per headlight unit and regular indicators.

I can't figure out why I should have lost my High Beam and Cornering Lights when my car had these from factory.

I've owned VCDS for nearly a decade now and have found it very useful. I've looked at as many of the lighting configuration channels as I can and even looked at the Headlight Range module(s) at controller map 55.

I still have numerous faults displayed to do with Left & Right Main Beam being open circuit or positive short.

If anyone can have a stab at a solution I'm up for trying pretty much any settings suggestions.

I should also mention that the original headlight units I removed had 11 pins in their sockets (if looking from the top of the socket and counting left to right what would be pin 4 was missing but all others were present). These new Golf R headlights had the same pin 4 missing and also what would be pin 12 - the last pin connector on the righthand side of the socket opening.

I would have been concerned if my original headlights had less pin connections in their sockets but with them having 1 extra to the Golf R headlights I thought all would be good but it's far away from good at the moment!

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Jon.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Counter blink. 50 intensity. Rear taillight safety measure implemented. tried to get pace car on rears, but after just now realizing as i type, its highly likely that any modifications to rear tail programming; require duplicate settings on our tail lights in order for them to function ...legally.

I did left outer and left inner before the right (to make sure it worked first) for pace car tails, but after completing, it only resulted in left outer blinking, and not counter blink.

I just realized, I didn't get the additional visual of fully occupied deautokey tails leds, well, not really,i just lied (having intent or just obliviousness?) cuz my reverse lights are still incandescent? and either my car or me is likely b*ked too!:pumpkin::what::facepalm:

·
Registered
896 Posts
Counter blink. 50 intensity. Rear taillight safety measure implemented. tried to get pace car on rears, but after just now realizing as i type, its highly likely that any modifications to rear tail programming; require duplicate settings on our tail lights in order for them to function ...legally.

I just realized, I didnt get the additional visual of fully occupied deautokey tails leds, well, not really,i just lied (having intent or just obliviousness?) cuz my reverse lights are still incandescent? and either my car or me is likely b*ked too!:pumpkin::what::facepalm:
How did you get the highmount brake light to do that without having it flash with one of the turn signals (when used to turn)?

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
So IF I decided I liked the rear pace car blinkers Ive seen in videos on incandescent stock tails, Is the coding by Ke cha the route I would take? https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ODmdEfinIK81BuJxDjSG56wfhmJIXprUXgAiuE2G1pM/htmlview
CachauBantAst: If you want pace-car tails, then you could use the Kerncha tails, or you could use the arrangement below which is very similar. I've just compared the two approaches and my table has the same outer tail-light settings, but I have slightly different inner taillight settings that use less adaptation channels. Either way though, you will get the same effect - choice is entirely yours!

Don
PS: With either approach, there are quite a few changes to make, so be careful selecting the channels and the settings (double-check before you press the Doit! button with EVERY change)
PPS: If you have changed the lamps to LEDs, then you might consider also changing the "Lasttyp" channels in each Leuchte-set to an LED value (perhaps something like 35 kombinierte LED Blink-Bremsleuchten)

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
How did you get the highmount brake light to do that without having it flash with one of the turn signals (when used to turn)?
Sorry to the guy who figured this out, I dont have the record of where this came from...

3rd/High-Mounted Brake Light Tweaks - Instructions

1. Select 09 - Central Electr control module 2. Select Security Access - 16 from the "Open Controller" screen 3. Enter the magic number 31347 and return to the "Open Controller" screen 4. Select Adaptation - 10 from the "Open Controller" screen 5. From the pull-down button check that the default settings for the adaptation channels shown in the table below are as indicated in the Standard setting column 6. For the wanted options, change the adaptation channels depicted in the table below to the values in the values in the other columns (use the "Search" box to locate)

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Sorry to the guy who figured this out, I dont have the record of where this came from...
CachauBantAst: The original author was "Morde" and the tweak instructions can be found HERE

Don

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
CachauBantAst: If you want pace-car tails, then you could use the Kerncha tails, or you could use the arrangement below which is very similar. I've just compared the two approaches and my table has the same outer tail-light settings, but I have slightly different inner taillight settings that use less adaptation channels. Either way though, you will get the same effect - choice is entirely yours!
Don
PS: With either approach, there are quite a few changes to make, so be careful selecting the channels and the settings (double-check before you press the Doit! button with EVERY change)
PPS: If you have changed the lamps to LEDs, then you might consider also changing the "Lasttyp" channels in each Leuchte-set to an LED value (perhaps something like 35 kombinierte LED Blink-Bremsleuchten)
:pic:
As mentioned earlier, tried to get pace car on rears, but it resulted in ONE blink only on the left outer light. I Did Left outer, then left inner FIRST, to test it on one side. I'm starting to wonder now IF the reason it didn't work on the left side, was because there ALSO wasn't mirrored coding in place for the right side?...Maybe a "legal" thing?, butif thats the case, why did it allow me to individually set up counter blinking on the front lights for signal light?

Any input is appreciated on what might be the issue...

·
Registered
2016 GSW S 5sd - sold
1,318 Posts
Any input is appreciated on what might be the issue...
Are you planning on running this for track days? That type of blinking cannot be street legal and only draws unwanted attention. I just don't see the point in this "mod".
I have added the inner lights for brake lights on my car, and believe that increases safety. I'm not anti-mod. Just want logic applied.
Pace car / kencha lights do not seem like good ideas for a street driven car. Even alternating DRL blinks with signals doesn't seem legal. Indicator lights are amber(front) or amber/red in rear. Blinking white/led/blue lights are not proper signal lights.

I'm all for figuring out the coding and how the mods work, but seems pointless unless you have a goal of using it in a show car or track car.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Venting!!!

Am I the only one that is scared just at the thought of doing any VCDS adaptation? I have a small PC tablet and using it with VCDS is downright dreadful. The 09 adaptation channel dropdown is just ridiculous. Forget using touch on that. My best is using virtual keyboard arrows but it's just such a pain! :thumbdown:

An operation that should take a few seconds takes minutes if I'm lucky and I find the channel quickly. It did happen more than once that I didn't find it what I was looking for and gave up. :facepalm:

Also why there is no support for scripts? Given the freaking UI there should at least be the hint of scripting support to allow to create and edit the adaptation at your desk rather than in your seat. And I'm not even thinking about be able to share them because that would just make too much sense. :banghead:

</END_VENTING>

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Are you planning on running this for track days? That type of blinking cannot be street legal and only draws unwanted attention. I just don't see the point in this "mod".
I have added the inner lights for brake lights on my car, and believe that increases safety. I'm not anti-mod. Just want logic applied.
Pace car / kencha lights do not seem like good ideas for a street driven car. Even alternating DRL blinks with signals doesn't seem legal. Indicator lights are amber(front) or amber/red in rear. Blinking white/led/blue lights are not proper signal lights.

I'm all for figuring out the coding and how the mods work, but seems pointless unless you have a goal of using it in a show car or track car.
Perhaps I should of been more specific in my request for input: "Any input related to how to successfully implement and/or overcome the errors I've currently incurred; NOT peoples opinions of appropriateness or legalities. Those I'm not interested in. ;)

Just pointing out, that fronts with counter blink effect STILL blink amber, but they also blink DRL when "OFF" also. If others who have modified their fronts to "DIM", or "keep on", I don't see how this is technically any different.

As for rears, ever seen a new mustang with the directional indicators/blinkers that light from inner to outer along a sequence of 3 or 4 lights?. How would this be ANY different?

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Am I the only one that is scared just at the thought of doing any VCDS adaptation? I have a small PC tablet and using it with VCDS is downright dreadful. The 09 adaptation channel dropdown is just ridiculous. Forget using touch on that. My best is using virtual keyboard arrows but it's just such a pain! :thumbdown:

An operation that should take a few seconds takes minutes if I'm lucky and I find the channel quickly. It did happen more than once that I didn't find it what I was looking for and gave up. :facepalm:

Also why there is no support for scripts? Given the freaking UI there should at least be the hint of scripting support to allow to create and edit the adaptation at your desk rather than in your seat. And I'm not even thinking about be able to share them because that would just make too much sense. :banghead:

</END_VENTING>
I was scared, but not anymore. just make the logs and maps ahead of time. Get rid of the tablet. use a laptop - chances for mistakes significantly reduced.

3401 - 3420 of 4368 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.