VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
461 - 480 of 4367 Posts

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
I have now bookmarked this page. I like that the Mk7 has a "store recirculation" channel for the recirculation button. Drives me nuts on the Mk6 where it sometimes remembers it but others not.
LIJetta: Thanks: I'm trying to make this thread as useful as possible for as wide a cross section of interested folk that I can! Feel free to add to the thread if you want

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
phaphaphooey: One of the more profound questions that can be asked must surely be - is there an "11" setting on Spinal Tap? To more mundane questions: have you produced an adaptation channel map for the BCM on your car? If so, I'd very much like to get hold of a copy for a NAR vehicle (I'm trying to put together a database of the 09-Cent Elect. control module for different model mk7s).
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...fNBF-HVS-cOkogdH1HtbuF3pc/edit#gid=2054983821

Here is Andy's NAR GTI SE with Lighting (Bi-Xenons). He posted it a while ago and this is what I have been basing my codes on using yours as a reference. Since you do not have Bi-Xenons, I cannot compare both of them fully but I have found quite a few things already. Any chance you have a copy of a RoW Golf with Bi-Xenons? I am itching for one. Even better would be with LED tails. :beer:

·
Banned
366 Posts
The equivalent of Spinal Tap turning it to 11. Oh well. Quick question. Humor me and help me with how that works since the small amber leds are only on at night whereas these leds along with the U shaped leds are always on? It seems as though they dim when the headlights come on but they might not since they are never that bright to begin with.
For me the LED in the high beam spot only comes on with the position/ headlights. And I believe they are designed to be dim to match the DRL at its 28% setting.

·
Registered
188 Posts
For me the LED in the high beam spot only comes on with the position/ headlights. And I believe they are designed to be dim to match the DRL at its 28% setting.
I will double check but I believe the spot is always on for me and agreed that they are designed to be dim. I would like to change the design if possible. This is the first car that I have had that I can code like this and I am thoroughly enjoying it.

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
I didnt put into account that these are NAR tail lights (Which I despise the US lighting laws fyi). Set this for L/R parking lights:

(13)-Leuchte20BR LA71-Lichtfunktion F 20Parklicht links (beidseitiges Parklicht aktiviert li & re)
(13)-Leuchte21BR RC8-Lichtfunktion F 21Parking light right

That should do it. Ill adjust the initial post.

Makes no sense why the front lights have the L/R parking lights provisioned from the factory but the tail lights don't.....

This in combination with what JBale posted in earlier posts about both Parking Light functions and the modified blinking methods finally worked for me! So my North American 2015 GTI now has (on the stock nonLED headlights and taillights) disabled DRLs (set to just fog lights) a rear fog (along with a euroswitch) the JBale blinker/brake light setup, AND finally single sided parking lights working on both the headlights and taillights. Thanks a lot for the help guys!

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
Also wanna add to anyone that has been following the XDS setting situation with our cars...

As you know older versions of VCDS had an option in the ABS>Adaptation map for "Expanded electronic differential lock" to change the XDS setting from "Standard" to either "Not Activated" "Weak" "Medium" or "Strong" and this simply disappeared in newer versions of VCDS. I think I found it, would be nice if someone somehow could confirm it. I found an option in the same place (ABS Brakes>Adaptation) under the name "No Display" that has the same options (Standard, Not Activated, Weak, Medium, Strong) and looking through adaptation maps from older versions of VCDS, this "No Display" option doesn't show up if there is already an "Expanded electronic differential lock" option. Anyways, I was able to set this to "Strong" after the use of security access code 20103.

Hope I made some sense in this post as I'm not too used to VCDS terminology on forums. Usually a trial and error kind of guy lol. But any help or confirmation on this would be helpful.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...fNBF-HVS-cOkogdH1HtbuF3pc/edit#gid=2054983821

Here is Andy's NAR GTI SE with Lighting (Bi-Xenons). He posted it a while ago and this is what I have been basing my codes on using yours as a reference. Since you do not have Bi-Xenons, I cannot compare both of them fully but I have found quite a few things already. Any chance you have a copy of a RoW Golf with Bi-Xenons? I am itching for one. Even better would be with LED tails. :beer:
LIJetta: Many thanks for the file - I'd forgotten about Andy's post. As a quid-pro-quo, I enclose the link below. It's a compare spreadsheet that I developed some time ago between the BCM of a Golf R and a Golf 110TDI. Both of these vehicles are RoW and both have Xenon lights installed. Hope this is what you wanted - please advise if I have not understood your request

09-Adpmap_Golf Compare

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Also wanna add to anyone that has been following the XDS setting situation with our cars...

As you know older versions of VCDS had an option in the ABS>Adaptation map for "Expanded electronic differential lock" to change the XDS setting from "Standard" to either "Not Activated" "Weak" "Medium" or "Strong" and this simply disappeared in newer versions of VCDS. I think I found it, would be nice if someone somehow could confirm it. I found an option in the same place (ABS Brakes>Adaptation) under the name "No Display" that has the same options (Standard, Not Activated, Weak, Medium, Strong) and looking through adaptation maps from older versions of VCDS, this "No Display" option doesn't show up if there is already an "Expanded electronic differential lock" option. Anyways, I was able to set this to "Strong" after the use of security access code 20103.

Hope I made some sense in this post as I'm not too used to VCDS terminology on forums. Usually a trial and error kind of guy lol. But any help or confirmation on this would be helpful.
Patrick: I started a thread on RT forum about access to XDS settings. Long story short, after much discussion with some very knowledgeable folk, my findings were that it very much depended on what model Golf that you had. My Golf is an 103TSI my13 RoW model and I don't get access to the XDS channel. A colleague of mine has a 110TDI my14 RoW model and he does have access to the XDS channel. One of the VCDS Gurus at RT gave me a coding string for a Seat 5F (still an MQB platform vehicle like the Golf) which did have access to the XDS channel. I had this hypothesis that I could get access to the hidden XDS channel by enabling one of the Bytes in the control module. I never took my theory very far, but my comparison table is below. Perhaps you could add your coding to it to see if it supports my guess that the enabling Byte is either Byte 12, or Byte 21.
I must say that I'm intrigued about your "display" adaptation channel. Can you post up a copy of the Adaptation map for 03-ABS for your car?

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
LIJetta: Many thanks for the file - I'd forgotten about Andy's post. As a quid-pro-quo, I enclose the link below. It's a compare spreadsheet that I developed some time ago between the BCM of a Golf R and a Golf 110TDI. Both of these vehicles are RoW and both have Xenon lights installed. Hope this is what you wanted - please advise if I have not understood your request

09-Adpmap Compare Golf R & Golf 110TDI_RoW
If these are factory fresh cars with no code changes made, this is exactly what I have been looking for! Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
If these are factory fresh cars with no code changes made, this is exactly what I have been looking for! Thanks again!
LIJetta: I'm not sure if the adaptation channels in the cars had their virgin settings when the maps were done, but they are relatively new vehicles.

I had a play with MS Access since I posted the "compare" spreadsheet. The link below contains more information (all of the adpmaps that I have - including Andy's NAR vehicle). It's interesting to see how the models differ - especially the lighting stuff. Enjoy!!

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
LIJetta: I'm not sure if the adaptation channels in the cars had their virgin settings when the maps were done, but they are relatively new vehicles.

I had a play with MS Access since I posted the "compare" spreadsheet. The link below contains more information (all of the adpmaps that I have - including Andy's NAR vehicle). It's interesting to see how the models differ - especially the lighting stuff. Enjoy!!

This is awesome! Thanks so much with this.

Now, I have looked it over and might have an idea with the DRLs being turned off with turn signals.

From left to right:
EU Golf R (Bi-Xenons and LED tails), EU Golf TDI (Bi-Xenons), DV52's Car Golf 1.4 (Halogens), and Andy's NAR GTI SE (Bi-Xenons)

I am wondering if taking the four channels (2, 3, 4, 5. 5 in this example. Table to come but no time to do this.) and modifying them with the RoW values as shown above.

Also found these which seem to correspond with the settings above. Might have to look deeper into this.

JBale, want to fiddle with these?

·
Banned
366 Posts
This is awesome! Thanks so much with this.

Now, I have looked it over and might have an idea with the DRLs being turned off with turn signals.

From left to right:
EU Golf R (Bi-Xenons and LED tails), EU Golf TDI (Bi-Xenons), DV52's Car Golf 1.4 (Halogens), and Andy's NAR GTI SE (Bi-Xenons)

I am wondering if taking the four channels (2, 3, 4, 5. 5 in this example. Table to come but no time to do this.) and modifying them with the RoW values as shown above.

Also found these which seem to correspond with the settings above. Might have to look deeper into this.

JBale, want to fiddle with these?
What is it that you guys are trying to accomplish??

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
What is it that you guys are trying to accomplish??
Disabling the DRL from turning off when you have the turn signal on. AKA, the DRL wink. I know this has been a big question for a few months now so ive been looking out for it.

·
Banned
366 Posts
Disabling the DRL from turning off when you have the turn signal on. AKA, the DRL wink. I know this has been a big question for a few months now so ive been looking out for it.
Oh ok, I actually like the "wink" so I havent tried to disable it for myself. From the channels I've seen it should be easy but it looks like more is required than disabling the channel i posted a while ago?

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Oh ok, I actually like the "wink" so I havent tried to disable it for myself. From the channels I've seen it should be easy but it looks like more is required than disabling the channel i posted a while ago?
Seems that way. Ill post up the requested changes I want to test later.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
HERE IS MY EXCEL FILE

Codes highlighted in yellow are my proposed changes.

Someone try changing a NAR car with the ROW settings as listed in the page. I added both NAR and RoW cars on this list where the NAR is on the left and ROW is on the right. I am hoping this is the way to disable the DRL wink. If so, of course it would be this hard. I do realize there are some doubles within spread sheet but I left them there just in case it is needed to revert back to NAR spec. This is for Bi-Xenon cars only.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
HERE IS MY EXCEL FILE

Codes highlighted in yellow are my proposed changes.

Someone try changing a NAR car with the ROW settings as listed in the page. I added both NAR and RoW cars on this list where the NAR is on the left and ROW is on the right. I am hoping this is the way to disable the DRL wink. If so, of course it would be this hard. I do realize there are some doubles within spread sheet but I left them there just in case it is needed to revert back to NAR spec. This is for Bi-Xenon cars only.
LIJetta: Wow, it is rare to find someone with so-much passion over a database about adaptation channels - I'm impressed (and I don't get impressed easily)!

Are there really duplicates in my spreadsheet? I used the "exact" function in MS Access to distinguish between channel descriptors, so records that might look like duplicates could have subtle differences (like an extra space, or a different number in the parentheses), I was going to go through those descriptors that were similar and to make a judgement about keeping them (or, not), but it all got too hard, so I left them in. I'm more than happy for someone else to do it if they have the time and the commitment.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Was in kind of a rush but managed to get a quick adaptation map of my 03-ABS. Only thing is I already changed that "No display" channel to strong. Let me know if I should get a map for you with it at the default "standard" setting. Anyways here you go:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4q8hJAuWS4eLU5xR2czMl9fckU/view?usp=sharing
Patrick: Thanks for the Adpmap file. You're certainly correct about the "no display" channel (I've not seen this before). I've also had a look at your coding string. Nothing jumps out at me that suggests a way-forward. In fact, quite the opposite- the coding value in your control module has confirmed that my two candidate "enabling bytes" are incorrect! Have you noticed any changed behavior in your car since the setting was modified to strong and have you done an auto-scan since the change to see if there are any errors?

·
Banned
366 Posts
The following changes removed the "wink" feature. Those that don't like the feature this is for you.

DescriptionModuleChannelOriginal New
Disable Turn Signal Wink

09 - Central Electronics

(8)-Leuchte3SL VRB21-Lichtfunktion C 3
Blinken rechts aktiv (beide Phasen)
Not Active
(8)-Leuchte5 TFL RB32-Lichtfunktion C 5
Blinken rechts aktiv (beide Phasen)
Not Active
(8)-Leuchte2SL VLB10-Lichtfunktion C 2
Blinken links aktiv (beide Phasen)
Not Active