VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
481 - 500 of 4368 Posts

· Registered
2,807 Posts
LIJetta: Wow, it is rare to find someone with so-much passion over a database about adaptation channels - I'm impressed (and I don't get impressed easily)!

Are there really duplicates in my spreadsheet? I used the "exact" function in MS Access to distinguish between channel descriptors, so records that might look like duplicates could have subtle differences (like an extra space, or a different number in the parentheses), I was going to go through those descriptors that were similar and to make a judgement about keeping them (or, not), but it all got too hard, so I left them in. I'm more than happy for someone else to do it if they have the time and the commitment.
Yeah. I get really into this sorta thing. :laugh:

What I meant by duplicates is items that do not need to be changed and all. Otherwise, stellar work getting all of the info for me!

The following changes removed the "wink" feature. Those that don't like the feature this is for you.

DescriptionModuleChannelOriginal New
Disable Turn Signal Wink

09 - Central Electronics

(8)-Leuchte3SL VRB21-Lichtfunktion C 3
Blinken rechts aktiv (beide Phasen)
Not Active
(8)-Leuchte5 TFL RB32-Lichtfunktion C 5
Not Active
(8)-Leuchte2SL VLB10-Lichtfunktion C 2
Blinken links aktiv (beide Phasen)
Not Active
(8)-Leuchte4TFL LB4-Lichtfunktion C 4
Not Active
Funny. I thought I asked a few people about just doing this but no one seemed to give a straight answer or it was just not done properly by them.

· Registered
2,018 Posts
The following changes removed the "wink" feature. Those that don't like the feature this is for you.
Jeremy: It must be the fact that we don't speak the same kind of English down here in the very, very deep south... Haha!!- When you say that the "wink" is removed, what do you mean?

· Registered
2,807 Posts
Jeremy: It must be the fact that we don't speak the same kind of English down here in the very, very deep south... Haha!!- When you say that the "wink" is removed, what do you mean?
Your car does this. It is when the the car has the DRLs on, you flick the turn signal on (either direction) and on that side only, the DRL will turn off until the turn signal is turned off. Then the DRL will turn back on.

Short term is Wink :cool:

· Registered
203 Posts
I knew the J-man would hammer this out! Nice job, Jeremy!!!! (Hockey season started, by the way ) :) What an awesome bunch of people we have out here working together on lights, LEDs, coding, testing LEDs (dlaunde), Roger (turning his GTI into the equivslent of Iron Man), Andy from Ross-Tech.... just a cool collaborative group in this forum. Glad to be here.

· Vendor
mk8 GTI 6MT, 997.1 6MT
9,030 Posts

Disable Turn Signal Wink

09 - Central Electronics

Not Active
Not Active
Not Active
Not Active
Awesome, it worked! :beer:

· Registered
19,536 Posts

Disable Turn Signal Wink

09 - Central Electronics

Not Active
Not Active
Not Active
Not Active
Awesome work man. I didn't like the feature before but I don't mind it now. Bummed no one still hasn't found out how to run fog and led's in the auto position without the headlights turning on yet.

· Banned
366 Posts
Awesome work man. I didn't like the feature before but I don't mind it now. Bummed no one still hasn't found out how to run fog and led's in the auto position without the headlights turning on yet.
I agree, I always run by fogs and DRLs and turn it to AUTO when leaving the car. Then I forget so Im driving around all day with my low beams :(

· Registered
2,905 Posts
Patrick: Thanks for the Adpmap file. You're certainly correct about the "no display" channel (I've not seen this before). I've also had a look at your coding string. Nothing jumps out at me that suggests a way-forward. In fact, quite the opposite- the coding value in your control module has confirmed that my two candidate "enabling bytes" are incorrect! Have you noticed any changed behavior in your car since the setting was modified to strong and have you done an auto-scan since the change to see if there are any errors?
Checked for faults and there haven't been any. I did some hard cornering yesterday and in a way it felt like it handled better BUT that feeling could totally be in my head. Either way, I'll leave it like this since it hasn't had any bad effects. I guess they just renamed the channel to "No Display" so people don't mess with it... If anyone from RT could chime in on this it would be cool just so we know for sure.

· Registered
2,018 Posts
Forgive me if this has been discussed previously, but has anyone checked that "winking" (still trying to get my head around this term) isn't a regulatory requirement -to accentuate the luminance and cadence of the turn indicators? If it is, then I would have to agree that probably not too many traffic police (not sure what you guys call them) would be aware of Code requirement and the chance of getting a smack would be small. Nevertheless, it might still be a breach

PS: for those that have a predelection for fog lights- are you aware that there is a tweak to use fog lights as the Daytime Running Lights (instead of the normal DRLs)

· Registered
2,018 Posts
Checked for faults and there haven't been any. I did some hard cornering yesterday and in a way it felt like it handled better BUT that feeling could totally be in my head. Either way, I'll leave it like this since it hasn't had any bad effects. I guess they just renamed the channel to "No Display" so people don't mess with it... If anyone from RT could chime in on this it would be cool just so we know for sure.
Patrick: if there is no discernible difference with the new setting, then why have the new setting? No offence to Ross tech, but I gave this topic a fair airing on their forum, without much joy - with the plethora of new VW models being released onto the market across the world daily, we can't expect the talented RT folk to know everything! But you could try re-opening the topic on the RT forum again - doesn't cost anything to try!

· Registered
2,018 Posts
For anyone that wants to have the front ambers on all the time just beware that this can happen.... This is from having them set to 100% and probably 3 hrs of driving.
Jeremy: Bummer-Thanks for the heads-up!!

I guess that stuff like this is a risk for those that I call, "early adopters" (i.e. pioneering folk that are prepared to experiment). Probably little solace to you, but the rest of us benefit from these types of events.

I assume that the LED lamp (the one at the top) is still working. Can't clearly see from the pic. It appears to be on a rakish angle to the socket- but it doesn't look that bad...

· Banned
366 Posts
Jeremy: Bummer-Thanks for the heads-up!!

I guess that stuff like this is a risk for those that I call, "early adopters" (i.e. pioneering folk that are prepared to experiment). Probably little solace to you, but the rest of us benefit from these types of events.

I assume that the LED lamp (the one at the top) is still working. Can't clearly see from the pic. It appears to be on a rakish angle to the socket- but it doesn't look that bad...
Thanks!

Yes the LED bulb is brand new and so is the holder it's in. I bought 2 new holders for when I installed the LEDs, I wanted a fresh start again lol.

· Registered
2,018 Posts
How fast does a Mk7 go?

I hope that the VWVortex Off-Topic Police aren't watching, but I found this pic on a Malaysian VW forum. The guy that posted it said that at this speed, the car handled sufficiently well that he had the confidence to take one hand off the steering wheel to hold an SLR camera ( not a mobile phone) to take the pic. They sure are a crazy-cool bunch up there in Malaysia!!

PS: Don't try this at home - unless you are a trained professional!!!

· Registered
2,018 Posts
Can you post the coding for that tweak? I currently have my DRLs turned off, but I would keep them active as the fog lights. Do they come on at reduced intensity?
Cajun: I've not tried the tweak, so I can't vouch that it works, but the tweak comes from the Stemie.de site. Anyway, with the aid of Google translate and the "09 Adpmap_Golf compare" file that I posted previously, the tweak instructions go something like this:

Fog Lights as DRLs
  1. from the main controller screen select 09 Cent. Elect.
  2. Once you are in the BCM screen, select Security Access -16
  3. Enter the magic number (i.e. 31347)
  4. When you return to the BCM screen, select Adaptation - 10
  5. Click on the Adaptation channel pull-down tab and scroll down until you reach: (5)-Leuchte12NL LB45-Lichtfunktion B 12
    On my RoW car, the default value is Abbiegelicht links (i.e. in english-Cornering light Left), but I just checked on the Adpmap for Andy's NAR Golf and it says that the default setting is not active
  6. Adjust the stored value to daytime running lights
  7. Go back to the adaptation channel pull-down tab and scroll down until you reach (5)-Leuchte13NL RB5-Lichtfunktion B 13
    Again, on my RoW car, the default value is Abbiegelicht rechts (i.e. in english-Cornering light Right), but the Adpmap for Andy's NAR Golf says that the default setting is not active
  8. Adjust the stored value to daytime running lights

Since you have disabled the DRLs, I assume that no other adaptation channels have a stored value of "daytime running lights". So you won't need to deactivate the normal DRLs

· Registered
132 Posts

Disable Turn Signal Wink

09 - Central Electronics

Not Active
Not Active
Not Active
Not Active
Did this yesterday and this morning when I started the car I got warning messages about "check DRL function" and a yellow warning light all the way to work. Any ideas?

481 - 500 of 4368 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.