VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 7668 Posts

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who is in there area? I see mk4's on base all day and I have never met anyone.
Also, who in the area has a VAG-COM cable?

Modified by brizower at 7:41 PM 4-3-2008

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Re: (brizower)

well, I;m in Warner Robins.
I guess i could hang with you guys too, since i am central GA

·
Registered
20,933 Posts

Gotta be more around!
I've seen a few slammed mk3 and 4s.
No mk1s or 2s

Good amount of aircooleds though. We need to get an all inclusive VW GTG scheduled. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
493 Posts
Re: (vdubspeed)

Valdosta is primarly air-cooled. I know some of the air-cooled and water-cooled guys there. One of them moved up to north GA area. He has a Panel, Squareback, and a MKIII VR. I know there are a few air-cooled bugs. Also a guy that has a PG MkIV GLI that works on the south side of base. I go over there every so often. Water-cooled is more of a hit and miss there due to military PCS'ing there.

·
Registered
20,933 Posts
Re: (Tweek20v)

I mt a guy with a Rabbit GTI yesterday on base! He says he's been here 5 years and never seen another rabbit

Oh well...atleast I've seen another mk1.

·
Registered
20,933 Posts

Sal's an awesome guy. Hardcore dubber no doubt. I saw him playin football today...or atleast tryin

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: (vdubspeed)

Who is the crazy mother f'er that was doing 80mph down Bemiss Rd. last night??? I've seen the car near my shop, Lowered white mk4 VR6 Jetta. (Looks good by the way)

·
Registered
20,933 Posts

don't know but I've seen a few more dubs myself.
I'm going to try to get an email list going and then plan a GTG. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
194 Posts
Yep, silver w/ black OEM HIDs, black aristos (now BBS RCs) and black tails... I've been deployed the last couple of months and only been back to work for a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I've seen you then, I think off base though on Bemiss.

Let's do a cruise to Tampa for our first GTG or something on a weekend. Sal said there is a huge vw scene down there.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Some dude in a black mk5 Rabbit gave me a big thumbs up on I-75 south north of I-10 this afternoon.
Then I hit a retread which looked like a small Gator. (with my CV axle already shot)

Modified by brizower at 1:39 AM 12-16-2007

·
Registered
1,254 Posts

If you see a BT 337 that is me. I will be down there in a few weeks. I have a feeling that Valdosta Dubbing is going to improve ( not becuase I am arriving I am not that vain). My buddy Icecreamz with a reflex silver 1.8t (formerly mine) he is currently down there. Nate "forgot his handle" with his loud ass vr6 24v jetta will be coming around march time.http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Modified by wulfpack at 9:30 PM 12-17-2007

1 - 20 of 7668 Posts