VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
4961 - 4980 of 7668 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
i know it will reduce compression, i plan on turboing down the road, but a tuned 16v with 8.5 to 1( stock rods and pistons) after a tune with intake exhause, produce more power and torque then my motor stock. its not that big of a deal to me as i have other cars and vehicles to drive so it can sit. and idk if i will ever sell it. i might sell it if i go into the airfoce. IF i go in.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Quit being lazy, do something for your country tom....buy a honda and paint the wheels green. They are cheap fast, jsut what you need.

I don't have a hot wife, or a trailer for that matter, but I am back into mopeds if anyone wants to join my moped militia.:thumbup:

Jason, What the heck size tires do these mopeds take? 21x2.0?? Having one heck of a time finding tires/info. Please point me in the right direction sir.

The front is so dry rotted I cannot make out what it says besides "continental" and "made in Germany":p

That thing runs great, already cleaned it up and started waxing it. Gave it a once over with a bit of purple power rust remover, then some clear coat. I'll throw some pics of it up this week.

·
Registered
20,933 Posts
I buy all my parts from 1977mopeds.com.

clearcoat is no no in the patina world. If there was any rust, any...it will get through.

Doesn't really matter though. There's really not much there that's really besides a frame, engine and gastank:)

as for moped militia's, you would fall under a larger army aka...www.mopedarmy.com

glad you like it.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Snate, sign me up for the militia. As soon as mine is running this week, we are holding 1st Annual Moped Race at the Knights Mill 500. :D

·
Registered
720 Posts
Jas...I couldnt reach you on the cell...and I didnt wanna wake anyone up...so I drove by, and I like it already! :laugh:

·
Registered
20,933 Posts
My boat has landed.

And that is a play on words:D

Everything I own is for sale to help fund this money pit.

·
Registered
20,933 Posts
damn...meant to say it was NOT a play on words.

New toy is...a 1991 Bayline Capri. The vessel is 2 inches short of 20 feet, has a Mercruiser 3.0 in/out setup. seats 8. Tape player and blown speakers included. ABSOLUTELY gorgeous. looks fast just sittin on the trailer.

It is definitely a money pit.

Just want to publicly thank Leslie for letting me buy crazy things and....beginning the cleaning process on it while I'm at school :thumbup:

Luv ya babe;)

·
Registered
267 Posts
damn...meant to say it was NOT a play on words.

New toy is...a 1991 Bayline Capri. The vessel is 2 inches short of 20 feet, has a Mercruiser 3.0 in/out setup. seats 8. Tape player and blown speakers included. ABSOLUTELY gorgeous. looks fast just sittin on the trailer.

It is definitely a money pit.

Just want to publicly thank Leslie for letting me buy crazy things and....beginning the cleaning process on it while I'm at school :thumbup:

Luv ya babe;)
Gotta love a good wife! Malori is pretty amazing too. You still trying to sell the gti? And if so, how much? I'm looking to get a 2nd car since mal needs one. Just gonna give her my rabbit if I get an "oldy but goody"

·
Registered
720 Posts
Lovin the boat Jason!

In other news...stepping away from the diesel for a little while....just got burnt out trying to get it to run and it only getting worse. Attention turned to the moped for the time being. Pulled it apart and shattered the piston the other day...so new parts on the way.
Also been building some mad computer systems lately! Currently running a new setup myself: Dual-core clocked to 4.0GHz, 6G RAM, all on a 60GB SSD Drive. Runs and boots Win7 so stinkin fast! :thumbup:

·
Registered
20,933 Posts
Currently running a new setup myself: Dual-core clocked to 4.0GHz, 6G RAM, all on a 60GB SSD Drive. Runs and boots Win7 so stinkin fast! :thumbup:
that was greek to me. I think our computer is like 5 or 6 years old:laugh:

In boating news. SHE's ALIVE! Poured some marvel oil in the cylinders and let that soak for a while. Pulled the plugs and spun the motor for a while to build oil pressure. Sounded like great compression. Plugs back in, poured gas down the carb throat...crank, sputter, run, die...:D

Has 1000hrs on the engine but it's healthy. Plan to do all the maintenance before she sees the water. Must drain all the old gas too.

Very excited.

l8r,

Jason

oh yeah...it's a 91 Bayliner Capri 2050. Finally found that out today. I knew it was a capri but I didn't know the model.

·
Registered
253 Posts
How's this for a kick in the nuts........

The old guy who's property the '64 wagon is on, DOESN'T own the car! It's his nephews! So I track him down and of course he's going to restore it for his grown daughter. He was real nice guy though and took my name and info just in case he ever wants to get rid of it.
I'm bummed. I guess I'll keep looking. I really didn't need another project anyway......
The deal was too good to be true because the old guy had said if I hauled them out of his yard I could have them. So I went yesterday to get the rims off of it so I could get some roller tires mounted on them and I had a roll back coming Thursday to haul it to my house. I asked the guy about a bill of sale and that's when I find out he didn't own them!
Oh well....

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Well, sorry to hear...been there done that Dave.

As promised, my sweet wiring skills, custom baffled muffler, and short ram intake 1978 JcPenney Swinger. Hits blazing speeds downhill with a tail wind of ~37mph....scary on dry-rotted tires to say the least!

All polished up, ready for 100mpg

Jason, glad I could contribute to that boat, gotta check it.

Julian, you trollin?

·
Registered
720 Posts
dry-rotted? those look much better than the ones on mine. but then again I wasnt doing 37mph either.

·
Registered
20,933 Posts
DAMN Nate!!! Wow it looks great. I'm SOOOOO happy you are taking good care of it. It looks 10X better than when I had it.

And yes...you contributed roughly 1/7th to the boat. Same goes for Matt:)

Dave - suxors about the car. I HATE when I get my hopes up and then bam...nothing.

That's why when I find a deal I jump HARD on them....like my boat.

Speakin of the boat....what the hell does someone do with 10 gallons of old gas and 10 gallons of old diesel?

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,980 ·
Step 1. find a large metal pan.
Step 2. add open flame.
step 3. wait.

I once burned about 10 quarts of oil in a large hotel pan... it burned for a loooooong time.

4961 - 4980 of 7668 Posts