VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
4981 - 5000 of 7668 Posts

·
Registered
20,933 Posts
bump so you guys don't have to click to page 2.

Anyone have anything cool to share?

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,982 ·
I'm going to reenlistment today... see what my options are since I have 8 months left and no college education and my career field is "overmanned" (last night we had 5 people on swing **** and 6 flyers.) Gotta get that SRB before they take it away.

·
Registered
20,933 Posts
Leslie and I rebuilt the surge brakes today on the boat trailer. master cylinder was full of water/fluid, lines were full of trash and the bleed valves were clogged. Master cylinder came back real nice. Completely rebuildable master cylinders is nice. Started bleeding the lines and was about done with one side so the master cylinder was getting tough to push in. Switched to a pry bar and next thing I know...POP...I thought I blew a wheel cylinder but I'll be damn if it didn't pop a hole in a metal line! Time to start replacing metal lines:laugh:

·
Registered
168 Posts
As promised, my sweet wiring skills, custom baffled muffler, and short ram intake 1978 JcPenney Swinger. Hits blazing speeds downhill with a tail wind of ~37mph....scary on dry-rotted tires to say the least!

All polished up, ready for 100mpg

Uhhhmmm... that is awesome! I had a scooter (Honda Elite CH80) back in college (undergrad) and I miss it dearly.... Been thinking about trying to pick up an old Honda 50 or Passport C70 as some daily work transportation.

·
Registered
20,933 Posts
BADASS Matt. Talk about Honda reliability. That thing has been sitting since 1978!:eek:

So I gotta know...what was the fix for the spark?

In boat news. The shift boot for the outdrive had a hole in it. Hole = water comin inboard.

So last night I pulled the outdrive. Still have to pull the gimbal too. Learning a ton of stuff. Trailer is all prepped though.

Should be sea worthy in a few weeks.

·
Registered
720 Posts
So I gotta know...what was the fix for the spark?
I dont know about 1978, but it has been sitting for at least 25 yrs. Points pure and simple. Sanded/filed em down untill we werent getting any resistance on them...gapped them, burned out a few fuses getting the right wires hooked up...then a little ether to help it along. I gotta read up on adjusting the air/fuel, stop screw etc. b/c the throttle is really sluggish and a huge delay.

·
Registered
20,933 Posts
the fact that you got it running means everything. Getting the throttle response will be easy. It's a two stroke so it will have GREAT throttle response.

·
Registered
20,933 Posts
holy ass ****. The boat is a money pit.

Was working on the shift bellow for the outdrive today and noticed one of the trim cylinders was leaking. Tried to tighten the stainless line into the aluminum cylinder. No doubt you already guessed that the corroded aluminum stripped faster than a $2 whore. No fix for that except buy a new. Quick search on ebay...best deal I find is $170 shipped....for used!:eek:

Also found a soft spot on the floor. I'll still have it in the water cheaper than if I bought a similiar model already prepped but DAMN...chill the **** out boat.

In other news...took a down payment on my old 16V motor/MS setup:D When that sells, my two other spare motors(1.8 16V and 1.6 8V) are going to Marietta too. I will have NO spare motors at my house. It's been years!!! I'm not going to know what to do with all the extra room:laugh:

·
Registered
20,933 Posts
GREAT video Andrew.

A kickflip at 25mph! I'd be scared to ollie! And that switch 360flip at 16mph was GORGEOUS.

But honestly...and this might sound wierd....360kickflips = boner.:laugh:

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,996 ·
So who is going to h2o this year? I just took leave and plan on leaving the morning of the 24th and staying until Sunday night. Then I think I will head to N.Y. for the week following.

·
Registered
267 Posts
So who is going to h2o this year? I just took leave and plan on leaving the morning of the 24th and staying until Sunday night. Then I think I will head to N.Y. for the week following.
Wish I were going. I should've skipped SoWo to go to this one. Next event i'll be at will be Fixxfest :banghead:

·
Registered
20,933 Posts
no shows for this guy.

My goal right now is to get the boat sea worthy by labor day. New trim cylinders were ordered today. Carb was TRASHED. Probably the worst I've seen in years from a carb'd motor.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,999 ·
So here is the breaking news in the Brower household... long story, but interesting.

Kayla answers the door this evening to a man with a foreclosure notice from the bank (We DO NOT OWN we RENT) saying that the house is foreclosed and is up for auction on August 3rd. He explained that our Realtor/landlord has apparently had more pressing things to do with our rent money (along with the neighbors) and that the mortgage has not been paid in months. :sly: Another dude later showed up to look at the properties and he was most likely going to be the buyer on the 3rd. So this piece of **** (aka Miles Heating and Cooling or MDM Construction LLC) has pretty much given us no warning of the foreclosure of the house which will in turn void the lease. The good news is that if the lease is voided by the landlord the tenant is entitled to 60 days notice, one month of rent credited and a full security deposit back. I expect all three - and if that's not met I have already found the tax maps for Lowndes county and all the other properties owned by this douche and I will be going door to door seeing if they are in the same situation and if they'd like to hire a lawyer.

So tomorrow I am going to the legal office on base to make sure my lease is correct and that I can use if for leverage. Then I am going to stick it to this dirtbag.

·
Registered
20,933 Posts
damn Andrew...that's crazy!

Have you talked to the douche yet that you pay the money too? I swear bro...some people are pure scum. :mad:

4981 - 5000 of 7668 Posts