VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
5001 - 5020 of 7668 Posts

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Damn! :mad:
GO GET UM! :eek:

As for shows for us, heard alot about H20i (heard it is more of a party time then anything else)but I have got the one near Pittsburgh on Sept 12 and we always have a good watercooled turnout plus we got two of the fastest Watercooled cars coming. Autoxtrem and the Corrado!

I doubt we will go to FixxFest this year, really didn't do anything for me last year.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,002 ·
They're trying to play hardball at the property owner's office... this is about to get very bloody for them. They could reimburse me the $1795.00+interest on the escrow account my lease says they held the security deposit in at Park Avenue Bank they owe me - they refuse. To me that sounds like they want to tack on legal fees when I sue the balls off them. :banghead: They're lucky they have a woman at the office that I deal with or else I probably would have gotten real rowdy.

·
Registered
20,933 Posts
keep on the pressure Andrew. Don't let those **** sticks win.

Just want add tomorrow is my last day of summer semester. I'm lookin at wrappin up 16 credit hours with straight A's if I can pull atleast an 80 on tomorrow's math final. After that I get to do 11 straight days of the Air Force :screwy:

Changed the oil on the boat. ABSOLUTELY the easiest and cleanest oil change I've ever done. Should be up and running soon!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
20,933 Posts
just curious if Nate Davis is still alive? No posting, no gathering at events???? Nate u out there:confused:

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Yes Im alive. Typical snate diasappearing act. I have been fasting from the interwebz. Too much Pron temptation leading me to repent.

24v started acting up, radiator fans not coming on again, did this EXACTLY 1 year ago..weird eh?
no worries, ill just rebuild the entire engine when I get back this next year:p

Jason, you are quite the marine mechanic. AhoY! I sail, im sailing!

Matt Norf, awesome. If that thing has a choke on the carb try adjusting it, less sluggish response? mine was like that too, but with half choke in the thing actually rips, ok so maybe not rips but you can tell it has some sort of a powerband.

·
Registered
20,933 Posts
well the mercruiser 3.0 purs like a kitten. $45 carb rebuild kit and and a few hours cleaning the carb of old crap and runs like a champ.

All I have left to is finish all outboard/trim crap.

·
Registered
720 Posts
nothing VW or even car related...but still cool: dual monitor setup, win7 has some cool features

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,010 ·
Matt, don't let Snate anywhere near that! I hear he's a chronic watcher or pronography!:rolleyes:

Tomorrow is the big day, I'll be a second term airman.

·
Registered
258 Posts
matt. that dual screen setup is baller. i had a friend in college who did that. he also ran a dual os on hist computer(vista and xp). but here is a question to you. why did you go with an ssd instead of a standard hdd? you have less memory for quite a pretty penny? just wondering, not bashing.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Speed and longevity. SSD has much faster read/write speeds. So I install just the OS and programs on that drive so it boots and loads programs extremely fast. Files are stored on my file server and linked to over the network via Win7's libraries. That is also much faster file access, b/c gigabit LAN can pull data faster than a sata connection on an internal HDD. Also, SSD have a service life of around 2,000,000 hrs.(228 yrs), so it shouldnt fault anytime soon.

·
Registered
20,933 Posts
Speed and longevity. SSD has much faster read/write speeds. So I install just the OS and programs on that drive so it boots and loads programs extremely fast. Files are stored on my file server and linked to over the network via Win7's libraries. That is also much faster file access, b/c gigabit LAN can pull data faster than a sata connection on an internal HDD. Also, SSD have a service life of around 2,000,000 hrs.(228 yrs), so it shouldnt fault anytime soon.
I can honestly say that I did cannot comprehend anything you just said.

Snate - words from the ole guy....mind of matter. some Bruce Lee shiz I learned. It's like when I smash my hand with a hammer or something...my body is thinking "damn this stings." You gotta reprogram your brain to think..."is that all you got?" Kinda heavy for 8am in the morning:cool:

I'm off to my final. Cross your fingers for me, say a prayer, raise a glass, do what ya'll do.

TGIF,

Jason

Tomorrow is the big day, I'll be a second term airman.
Congrats Andrew. Looks like they got your ass for 20 now:laugh: Oh yeah...forgot to answer your text from the other day...you can definitely borrow VAG. Just come get it....and buy that damn axle:beer:

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,014 ·
Word, I will swing by tomorrow if we don't have to work. I've got multiple plans for that axle and it's parts..

No they don't have my ass for 20 - 8.5 so far. I'm most likely going to finish college in the next 5 yrs or get close enough that I'm not depending on the MGIB entirely for income. :thumbup:

·
Registered
20,933 Posts
living on the MGIB is AWESOME. They just paid $2800 for my fall semester and then cut me a $1400 check for August!

Anyway...who has the mk4 rear brake caliper resetter tool?

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Jason, I got the swaben caliper tool from ecs, I think just about everybody has got more use out of it than me:)

Thanks for the encouraging words man, I just ordered some new rubber for the moped, michelin gazelle's.

Congrats Andrew,

Rob, my cousin is back in town, so ill have to call before we throw those wheels on. lmk

Any body want a G60 setup??? Im thinking b/t 1.8t after we get back again, and want that motor in something light.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Jason, I got the swaben caliper tool from ecs, I think just about everybody has got more use out of it than me:)

Thanks for the encouraging words man, I just ordered some new rubber for the moped, michelin gazelle's.

Congrats Andrew,

Rob, my cousin is back in town, so ill have to call before we throw those wheels on. lmk

Any body want a G60 setup??? Im thinking b/t 1.8t after we get back again, and want that motor in something light.
i would love to swap you valve covers tho. i just want my pvc on the oposite side so i can mount a catch can a lil easier.

·
Registered
20,933 Posts
This is what I live for.
Not a MINUTE has passed since my last duty day that I have regretted my decision. I don't regret enlisting and sure as hell don't regret separating.

Reserves is great cause it gives you 10% everywhere and you only have to do it 1 weekend a month/2weeks a year.

Matt Nurf - swing by tomorrow if you get a chance. I gotta show you Spare Parts:thumbup:

5001 - 5020 of 7668 Posts