VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spared you all the DIY on this one as it was literally a 20 second install. But here are some pics of the lights and stuff. no rear fog yet though.

Modified by vw151 at 6:31 PM 2-18-2007

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: (DubLifeCrisis)

Quote, originally posted by DubLifeCrisis »
looks great. I want that...how much is that switch...I guess I could search but...

My girlfriend got it for me at oempl.us for $69 I think

·
Registered
311 Posts
Nice! That's soooooo Euro... *drools* now if only I had a MK V to put a Euro switch in... lol

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: (odinala)

Quote, originally posted by odinala »
OEMPLUS website says you have to use VagCom to program switch functions. Is that correct?

You need the vag com to run parking lights only, or parking lights with fogs because you have to disable DRL to do that. Also if you use the rear fog light functionality of the switch you'd have to code that in VAG-COM as well

·
Registered
117 Posts
Re: (vw151)

so wait, is there a way to still turn the normal headlights on without any other lights? (similar to the DRLs, only you control the on/off functionality). I ddin't see any pics of this set up.

and what about the high-beams without the fogs? or am i just asking for too much from this switch ?

Modified by cRazEYgUy at 9:02 PM 2-18-2007

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: (cRazEYgUy)

Quote, originally posted by cRazEYgUy »
so wait, is there a way to still turn the normal headlights on without any other lights? (similar to the DRLs, only you control the on/off functionality). I ddin't see any pics of this set up.

and what about the high-beams without the fogs? or am i just asking for too much from this switch ?

Modified by cRazEYgUy at 9:02 PM 2-18-2007

OK you got me, here you go.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: (britGTIflav)

Quote, originally posted by britGTIflav »
how did you get your inner lights (the "flash to pass lights") to come on with your high beams? If you pull back the stalk to flash with your headlights on do those flash too?

I have had a few people ask me about this and it has been visited before. Here is a link to D.Passat00's thread about VAG-COM and his PDF that lays out how to make all of the changes. Yes you need a VAG-COM to make your lights do a few of the things that I illustrated above.
D.Passat00's Thread
D.Passat00's PDF

·
Registered
7,004 Posts
Re: (vw151)

Yeah some chicks do the right thing. I mean my girl would always here me talk about sht I wanted for my car. So instead of her going out and buying me clothes and stuff, she bought me stuff for the car. She has not bought me anything for the mark5 yet, but she bought me a couple of nice things for my mark4, I use to have.
I guess some chicks understand it, some don't you know. Hmmmm

But yeah man, nice pick up. I got one for my car too. best mod I got besides my color-matched side markers. I just need to get my inside h-lights vagged so they will come on when I turn on the brights. Sheesh....

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.