VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
it looks like it connects to the mass air flow sensor. your picture is too zoomed in. if its the mass air flow then thos wires lead to a group of taped up wires somewhere by the behind the battery. howd the vandals get in your engine bay also those are not a main power from the battery so probly something else got fudged with

·
Registered
8,269 Posts
Anybody know where these wires go or how much to fix.. Somebody cut them...now no power to anything in car
Not Maf not enough wires on that harness, what are the colors? Looks like a brown and white /blue strip. Have a good scan tool it may tell you what is not communicating or look around for a plug missing it harnes wires. What the year & trans of this 2.5l Jetta?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
O6 automatic..can't plug up code reader no power to anything including Ob2 port..brown and white with a black or dark blue stripe

·
Registered
8,269 Posts
You have to have power somewhere unless the battery has been disconnected. Check fuse SC13 that is the fuse box on side of dash, fuse number 13 is Hot at all time and is for the OBD port Pin16 if no power there check fuses in front of fuse box next to battery.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They also messed up my ignition lock cylinder..key just keeps spinning and ..won't work to turn to on for the code reader to work

·
Registered
577 Posts
They also messed up my ignition lock cylinder..key just keeps spinning and ..won't work to turn to on for the code reader to work
That's your problem. Those two cut wires aren't causing your no power condition

Reactions: cylinder head o7k

·
Registered
8,269 Posts
You are going to have to get the keyed lock cylinder off if you can and check if your issue is the cylinder or further down in the housing. If you can not get the keyed cylinder out then you will need to get a new one based on your VIN at dealer so you can keep the same key and a new lock housing.
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Camera accessory Font Auto part

1 - 9 of 9 Posts