VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been doing my research and see that there are several options, and the price range is just as wide. Just looking for feedback on what you have used, why you like it etc. Please leave some links to your feedback.

Here's another question (chime in Jesstzn) why do I want one? What benefits if any are they other than sanitation and carpets not being left a wet mess? Thanks.

·
Registered
534 Posts
While I am not Jesstzn, I hope you don't mind me giving some feedback. I recently purchased a Tosca from Dupray. The main thing that stands out is its ability to get in tight cracks and break up built up grime. I have also noticed that I have cut my interior cleaning by an hour, which is huge if you run a business. Also, one of my customers had a melted lolli pop on their rear carpet. The steam made it disappear. On a downside, I do get a lot of "clean" cars and find myself not even using the steamer.

·
Registered
11,507 Posts
To be honest .. I don't have a steam cleaner ,... Just a Green Machine .. & the Woolite mix ... so far its done everything I needed.

·
Banned
7 Posts
I've been doing my research and see that there are several options, and the price range is just as wide. Just looking for feedback on what you have used, why you like it etc. Please leave some links to your feedback.

Here's another question (chime in Jesstzn) why do I want one? What benefits if any are they other than sanitation and carpets not being left a wet mess? Thanks.
I use a VX5000 that I'm very happy with. Does a great job on carpets. Some stuff is too nasty and needs an extractor but most of what you encounter in fabric comes out with pre-treating and steam. I also find there are some messes just made easier to clean with steam. Dried up stuff inside cupholders comes to mind. Or hard to reach places like around exterior emblems. The VX is not a continuous fill unit but on auto interiors you really never kill a whole tank. Maybe on the disaster jobs.

I've also used a wagner steamer ($100 range). Pretty good machine. Certainly better than nothing. Just not as much power (psi) the steam is a little more wet and the attachments are not as good . The attachments is actually a big deal IMO. The big triangle head with clips that the VX comes with is a must for fabrics / carpet

1 - 4 of 4 Posts