VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As many of you know, I've traded my R32 and yanked a bunch of parts. All of these are in USED condition, but everything was functional when pulled off the car, with one exception that will be noted below (VF Dogbone bushing is trashed).

All prices below are without shipping. I will charge you actual shipping price on items - your choice of carrier, but USPS Priority is typically the best option. I'll be shipping from 44124 if you want to calculate prices.

All sales are final. If there's shipping damage or something we will deal with that, I plan to insure items for full replacement value unless you tell me otherwise (again, I'm charging you actual shipping fees). Stuff like the mounts may not really need insurance since the post office is more likely to break their own equipment than the mounts. ;)

If you feel my prices are too high, I'm not a baby and don't really care if you bring it up in the thread, but if you're throwing ridiculous lowballs you're a jerk. :p Serious offers will definitely be considered though, I have no use for any of this stuff at this point.

Please do not PM me with requests. I will take "dibs" in the thread in the order received, but I also care more about money than anything else. If you are screwing around for days and the next person in the thread has money ready to go, you're going to miss out unless you can give me a good reason to wait for you to get your finances in order.

All payments must be made via Paypal, bank-account funded and marked as "personal payment." If you want to use a credit card, you're eating the fees on that. I'm not out to screw anyone here. If you want to bring me cash that's fine too, or I'll take a personal check if you're someone who's been around for a while.

I'm not going to bother with pics unless people ask. You guys know what these parts are. Assume that they're in decent serviceable condition and should generally look good, but there might be some stray dog hair or dust or whatever on them from general use.

• DLI Technik VR6/R32 engine mount and transmission mount (which should be universal between all Mk5 I believe). Got these in a group buy a couple years back. All original hardware included, although you might want to check with DLI if it can be re-used. I paid $640 for these back in 2012, I obviously don't expect to get that now. I know that a certain seller of LED lighting has a group buy going for $500 (shipped) new, so you can have mine for $450 shipped and can get them in the mail in a day or two. Yes, they are "used," but there really isn't anything to wear out on these, so you save $50 over the group buy and get them quicker, in exchange for maybe needing to clean up the hardware a little bit.
    -​
  • VW RNS-510 Nav unit, part number ending in G -- it's the last one that still used a rotating hard drive instead of flash/SSD (which is what the current releases have). It does have LED backlighting, Sirius Travel Link (which kind of sucks), and more importantly, can work with the 9W7 Bluetooth to allow A2DP streaming from a phone, including transport controls and track/artist/album names. Has 2015 maps installed on it and I believe the latest firmware as well. Works great, just not quite as snappy as the newest ones. Save some money. Note that this will require the correct antenna adapter cable, GPS antenna (or go into a car with a factory GPS antenna), and a Sirius extension cable if you want to use Sirius. I didn't pull any of that from the traded-in car, because I left it with an old rev-A RNS-510 installed. $1200
    -​
  • OEM Mk6 Golf Climatronic panel swap, including like-new (all clips intact) trim panel. I had this in the car for a few weeks then took it off, it's been sitting in bubble wrap since then. It does work with the RNS-510 and display the HVAC info on the screen. Includes the main center trim piece you need to use with this panel, which usually goes for ~$50 on its own. Note that you will need to remove or cut a pin from the factory harness, and relocate the wire from that spot over to a different spot on the harness for this to work correctly. All details are in threads you can search for on Vortex - it's a single "pin swap." This unit does not have the "automatic recirculation" option, it can't do it even if you added the wiring. This unit does have the outer rings in Fahrenheit instead of Celsius like many of the ones you can find online. (This came from a US-spec CC.) $150? It's kind of a pain to ship because the trim is large and fragile.
    -​
  • This is potentially being traded, but if you're interested please let me know in case the trade falls through: VW OEM Anthracite Homelink vanity mirror, with harness plugs. These are nearly impossible to find, especially in the correct interior color. Note that the adapter harness is slightly altered from what most people do, because you have to change it for it to work with LED visor lights. The typical wiring configuration ties two wires together, but when it was configured this way the Homelink didn't work. Additionally, it's insecure, as the intended setup with that hack allowed Homelink to have power at all times. Correct OE / factory integration of Homelink only allows it to operate when the ignition is on, so I ran a separate switched 12V up to the mirror and used that to power the Homelink module. That wire is currently cut from what I left in the old car. You could always tie it back in and do it "wrong," or run your own new wire for your install. Solely due to rarity, I'm looking for $250 on this, which is what I originally paid.
    -​
  • ------------------ EVERYTHING BELOW HERE IS SOLD / GONE ------------------
  • SOLD LOCALLY Stock catback exhaust, removed at factory slip-joint (which is included). Only on the car for 2-3 years and not too crapped up. I'm guessing it won't scrap for more than $100, give me anything near there and it's yours. I hate to scrap it since it's still fine, but I want the space in the garage back. This would obviously be local-only.
    -​
  • SOLD & SHIPPED VF Engineering mounts, all three pieces, R32 fitment. Pictures here (click me). The side mounts might need new bushings, but they aren't cracked or anything visible (they were starting to bulge very slightly when I removed them). I also have the pendulum/dogbone mount from VF, but the bushing insert for the subframe is gone (these are cheap and most people have one already or have an HPA puck or VWR piece). The middle bushing at the center pendulum/dogbone point is completely destroyed and would need to be replaced with new - shouldn't be more than $50. These come with all of the hardware they originally included. I do not know if this hardware is single-use, you'd have to ask VF. The threads look OK to me though. I'll let this entire set go for $250, which is less than half what I paid (they retail for $600 before shipping). SOLD & SHIPPED to ERO for $225
    -​
  • SOLD & SHIPPED ModShack VTDA intake - generic blue, not color-matched. Rubber grommets that hold the mounting arm to the intake are basically gone so figure a buck or two to replace those. Filter was cleaned & reoiled then car was taken to WitW. Not long after the VTDA was pulled for Forge intake, so filter is basically fresh (maybe 2000 miles on it max). $100? SOLD ($75) & SHIPPED to 4Squared
    -​
  • SOLD & SHIPPED VW Mk6 Dynaudio Amplifier. Was installed in my car. Personally I don't think it's an upgrade, but I know plenty of people like it. These are very hard to find now... $200? SOLD & SHIPPED to OnADime
    -​
  • SOLD & SHIPPED Gladen "ONE 200 VW" front Speaker upgrade for Mk5 Golf. Includes a total of 6 drivers, 3 per door, that should drop in and replace factory speakers. I never installed it. It's supposed to be a pretty popular upgrade in Germany. Simply trying to make back what I paid for these, $400. SOLD & SHIPPED to OnADime
    -​
  • SOLD & SHIPPED Blendmount radar detector mount for Valentine1 and Mk5 R32 mirror. These are specific to the mirror, so this will work on the Mk5 R mirror and *may* work on other VAG stuff... but isn't right for my Audi. You have to provide a V1 suction cup mount to attach to the blendmount (suction cups are removed), you can use the one that comes with your V1 but then you have no spare to use in other cars... so consider ordering a second one from V1. :p $100? (Retail is $130 before shipping.) SOLD & SHIPPED to DGI
    -​
  • SOLD & SHIPPED Forge BFI (intake) - slight scuffing on the wrap around the barrel from the hood insulation rubbing on it, doesn't impact function. Black hoses. Cone filter could probably use cleaning, but it was only on the car for a few years / ~15-25k. $200. SOLD & SHIPPED TO Corrado1900T
    -​

I might find some other stuff too, so keep an eye out. ;)

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I'm interested in the vf mounts. I would like to check with the shop I use and see how much to rebush.
They aren't very expensive, I think something like $50-60 for new poly? There are only 4 pieces (assuming you just use the side mounts, which is what I'd suggest). Their dogbone design is garbage, it just destroys the center poly bushing every year or two. I'd rather just keep OEM dogbone and use a better subframe bushing piece (like HPA or VWR).

Everyone else that has posted, I will try to get back to you soon (work is crazy). This whole process isn't going to move quick because I'm busy, but at least all of the parts are off the car so the only thing you're waiting for is me to find boxes and get stuff shipped. :)

DGI gets publicly called out for being unable to follow directions and sending me PMs about additional items rather than putting it all in this thread like I asked. ;) :laugh: The Homelink mirror may already have a buyer (I am considering trading it to PerfLEDs in exchange for what I will need LED-wise on the TT - 8 freaking rear bulbs are gonna be expensive). You also asked about the Climatronic swap though... please re-post in here if you want it. There are definitely savings to be had by combining the shipping if I use USPS Priority Flat Rate boxes.

So, thus far I have -

OnADime: Dynaudio Amp, Gladen aftermarket speakers
DGI: Blendmount, climatronic swap? First in line for Homelink visor if I don't trade it to Shawn
Handy RR: VF Mounts?

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im interested in the vf trio. Please lmkif the person above decides to pass
PM me your ZIP/address. I sent Handy rrr a PM and haven't heard back from him. He has until the end of Monday to get back to me or else it goes to you -- as I said in the first post, money talks here. I have all 3 mounts put back into their original boxes with their hardware, and each of those boxes has sealed air inside them. I then took all 3 of those boxes and put into one larger box with more air. Whole thing is ~12 pounds, they don't all fit in a USPS flat rate so it's going actual weight, I will quote USPS Priority and something else if you want.

The dogbone definitely needs a new center poly piece - it's completely gone. (I included the metal bushing from the center of it but there's no poly anymore.) Other 2 mounts look OK, there's some surface rust on the tops of the bolts from being through Cleveland winter, but the threads are fine. The poly is definitely bulging on the bottom half of the side mounts, but they can probably be run for another year or two before they actually need to be replaced.

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Should be able to get that out today, so thank you. I'll send tracking once I have it.

- [thumbed from a phone] -

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
I'm interested in the homelink mirror if it's not sold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
FV-QR

Payment received for Gladen + Dynaudio package from OnADime, tracking number sent, will be in the mail tomorrow.

Still haven't heard anything from Handy rrr. Type S, I'll get you a final price with shipping and if I don't hear from Handy tonight the action will be to you. If you can get me an answer overnight / early AM I can get the mounts in the mail to you as well.

Katie - you don't even have a garage to park in, no? :) What are you going to open with it? ;) Let me check with my other potential deal... Shawn from PerformanceLEDs expressed interest before I put everything up, and I was going to do a straight trade for all of the LEDs I need on the Audi... but he's been busy with new child and sick child, so I'm wondering if he might prefer money anyway.

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
FV-QR

Got a PM from Handy, he passed. Type S, you have final pricing, send me your address and money and I'll make the label tonight and they'll be in the mail tomorrow...

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
I do have a garage at the house and the lake house. I just don't always get first dibs on them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
FV-QR

Anything not marked in Red as "sold & shipped" is still available. Both buyers for the VF mounts have fallen through. Photos of the VF mounts are here. You can see that the dogbone/pendulum center bushing is completely shot / gone. I'm told this piece is $50 or less. The two side mounts still have a pretty good bushing - I don't know how you can tell when those need to be done. There is obviously a slight bulge, but they aren't cracked or severely deformed or anything.

Buy my stuff so I can buy TTRS parts! :D

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
FV-QR

Anybody? DLI mounts for less than the current group buy? Climatronic swap? Either intake?

I'm open to reasonable offers. I don't need to sell it as I can always throw it in my crawlspace, but I figure someone would rather use the parts. I'm particularly unsure about pricing on the RNS-510. I know that the newest revision goes for ~$1900 new, I figured a $700 discount was a good place to start...

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
FV-QR

Well they certainly aren't going anywhere, and I'd love to sell stuff locally, especially the RNS since packing it safely is a pain. I do have the original foam cradle it shipped in which helps, but it still needs a big box and bubble wrap so a thrower doesn't kill it. ;) Let me know if you ever find wheels too, I still have these old Pirelli A/S... :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts