VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 1304 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone made any modifications to their cars yet?

I have a few mods that I am hopping to get completed:

a. Disable Engine On/OFF - done
b. Disable seat belt chimes - done
c. Disable Auto lock all 4 doors when vehicle speed >10km/hr - working on it, any clues?
d. I'd like the electric brake to come on automatically when transmission is placed in park.
e. Lock confirmation beep after 1 not 2 key presses.
f. Disable DRL winking with indicator

Any members interested in starting a thread on VCDS mods and how to do them?

·
Registered
525 Posts
Great idea. I’ve been poking around in VCDS as I get the time. Will report back if I find anything interesting. I’d like to disable the alarm for ‘engine running’ or whatever it says when you open the door with the motor still on. It’s very annoying!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for starting this thread SDArteon! I've connected a Ross-Tech HEX-V2 for the first time this weekend to complete a scan. I was unable to complete a few things I was hoping to take care of like window up/down via key fob. VCDS was unable to open/interpret the long code for the 09-Cent. Elec. module in version 19.6. I was able to experiment with a few things such as tear-wipe and enabling the adaptive lane control assist. I'd be very interested in learning how you completed #1 in your list as well as participating in a US Arteon VCDS Mod Thread!

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Thanks for starting this thread SDArteon! I've connected a Ross-Tech HEX-V2 for the first time this weekend to complete a scan. I was unable to complete a few things I was hoping to take care of like window up/down via key fob. VCDS was unable to open/interpret the long code for the 09-Cent. Elec. module in version 19.6. I was able to experiment with a few things such as tear-wipe and enabling the adaptive lane control assist. I'd be very interested in learning how you completed #1 in your list as well as participating in a US Arteon VCDS Mod Thread!
Since 2017, module 09 has remapped all long coding to adaptations. You have to search around the adaptations to find everything, but everything that used to be in long coding is now there. There is no more long coding in module 09.

I'm fairly certain the new Arteon has the same module 09 that VW is putting into the Golf, Jetta, Tig and Atlas.

To disable stop/start, if I recall correctly it is in the Gateway module, something like start/stop voltage. Change from default (9.x?) to 12.1. The voltage requirement will now never be met so start/stop will not activate.

·
Registered
525 Posts
In attempting to activate light assist (auto high beams), I found that there is absolutely no information in long coding for this ECU under 09- Central Electronics. I was able to do half of it but not the part that requires long coding. Damn.

I’m sure I’ll probably have to wait for an update to VCDS.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
In attempting to activate light assist (auto high beams), I found that there is absolutely no information in long coding for this ECU under 09- Central Electronics. I was able to do half of it but not the part that requires long coding. Damn.

Did you read my post above? It's all in adaptations now. This is what I pulled from my 09 backup (VW Golf, non-lighting package but most likely same module 09):

Fernlicht assistent: Fernlicht assistent:
Erweiterte Fernlichtsteuerung:
Basis
Menuesteuerung Fernlichtassistent:
Not present
Fernlichtassistent Reset:
not active
Menuesteuerung Fernlichtassistent Werkseinstellung:
Present
Assistenzfahrlicht, Empfindlichkeit per BAP einstellbar:
Present

Google translated:

High beam assistant:
Extended high beam control:
Base
Menu control high beam assistant:
Not present
High-beam assistant Reset:
not active
Menu control High beam assistant Factory setting:
Present

·
Registered
525 Posts
Did you read my post above? It's all in adaptations now. This is what I pulled from my 09 backup (VW Golf, non-lighting package but most likely same module 09):

Fernlicht assistent: Fernlicht assistent:
Erweiterte Fernlichtsteuerung:
Basis
Menuesteuerung Fernlichtassistent:
Not present
Fernlichtassistent Reset:
not active
Menuesteuerung Fernlichtassistent Werkseinstellung:
Present
Assistenzfahrlicht, Empfindlichkeit per BAP einstellbar:
Present

Google translated:

High beam assistant:
Extended high beam control:
Base
Menu control high beam assistant:
Not present
High-beam assistant Reset:
not active
Menu control High beam assistant Factory setting:
Present
No, but thank you so much! I had found another thread that referenced two long coding bits. I’ll try this tonight!

·
Registered
7,039 Posts

You can't activate light assist on the SE since it does not have the required camera above the rain sensor, behind the mirror. Only the SEL-P does, hence why it is the only trim with light/lane assist (those use the camera, ACC and FEB use the VW radar badge). You can however, activate the SEL's ACC as many did that on the base S jetta with FEB/radar sensor.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I want:

Dynamic Light Assist
Traffic Jam Assistant
360 Cam default in R
Simple Needle Layout on Digital Cockpit
Additional Ambient Lighting Colors (For Digital Cockpit and Themed Main Display)
You can forget about getting TJA. Not going to happen easily. Even if you have the correct hardware, you'd need VCP in order to update the software revisions to get this working.

·
Registered
295 Posts

c. Disable Auto lock all 4 doors when vehicle speed >10km/hr - working on it, any clues?
d. I'd like the electric brake to come on automatically when transmission is placed in park.

VCDS select 09- Cent Elect/ Coding/ Long Coding/ Byte 15 -- Uncheck the Bit 3 box

·
Registered
295 Posts

[46] - Comfort System
Windows

Found in [Coding - 07] > Long Coding Helper

Windows up via remote Comfort Operation (via Remote Control)

Uncheck the box for "Comfort function power windows/sunroof via remote control inactive"
Check the box for "Comfort opening power windows via remote control active"
Check the box for "Comfort closing power windows via remote control active"
Check the box for "Closing sunroof via remote control active"

Note, For some reason, VW does not allow the sunroof to be opened using the remote, only closed, despite the presence of a checkbox indication for that feature.
Alarm and Locking

Options are primarily found in [Coding - 07] > Long Coding Helper. Additional Adaptation -10 Channels may be available after enabling coding options.

Alarm Confirmation via lights and horn

"Locking Confirmation (Horn) via Remote Control"
"Locking Confirmation (Blink) via Remote Control"
"Unlocking Confirmation (Horn) via Remote Control"
"Unlocking Confirmation (Blink) via Remote Control"

Auto-Lock

"Auto-Lock (automatic locking from 15 km/h)"

Auto-UnLock

"Auto-Unlock (unlocking after removing key from ignition)"

·
Registered
7,039 Posts
You can forget about getting TJA. Not going to happen easily. Even if you have the correct hardware, you'd need VCP in order to update the software revisions to get this working.

TJA is possible only with VCP. I'd been trying for months on my Facelift GTi, which I traded in on a 2019 Golf R last week. VCP arrived today, and had TJA working flawlessly within 10 minutes. It's a beautiful thing and worth every bit of the < $300.00 U.S. I spent on VCP.

Def have the hardware on my SEL-P (mirror camera, VW radar badge, side park assistant sensors), and apparently someone just did it on their 19' Golf R, so I am optimistic if I get VCP I can do it.

The biggest question is whether or not the firmware changes for the arteon are in there like for the golf r
https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48068

·
Registered
2010 Passat | 2019 Arteon
437 Posts

·
Registered
7,039 Posts
that's pretty amazing :eek:
It's alright. I had it on my S90 and it was good for slow moving traffic since it truly kept you in the lane hands free. Not so hot at speeds though. I also worry about normal driving (ie 10-30mph) with the LKAS always active. I sometimes like that it is not on at low speeds as it can get somewhat intrusive when confused. And having to cycle it on and off is kind of annoying.

But still somewhat interested.

·
Registered
2010 Passat | 2019 Arteon
437 Posts
It's alright. I had it on my S90 and it was good for slow moving traffic since it truly kept you in the lane hands free. Not so hot at speeds though. I also worry about normal driving (ie 10-30mph) with the LKAS always active. I sometimes like that it is not on at low speeds as it can get somewhat intrusive when confused. And having to cycle it on and off is kind of annoying.

But still somewhat interested.
ahh, good to know. thanks

1 - 20 of 1304 Posts