VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1201 - 1220 of 1268 Posts

·
Registered
6,933 Posts
Anybody try activating "Easy Close" in the boot like the 2021 Arteon?
I tried to do the kick to close on the 2019 and it didn’t work. The modules must be different.
Interestingly enough the kick to close works like the easy close. You kick, then it beeps and you walk away and it closes. Just like pressing the alternative button on the 2019. But using your foot.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Got a 2021 SEL P. OBD11 and VCP both let me down. First time I couldn't customize my VW. All I wanted to do was unblock menus while in motion. Now I am reading in here about the SFD stuff on the new models, but not seeing a conclusion.
What is up with the 2021's? Anyone here able to write changes?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Big thanks to those that assisted me, especially Andy!!, on the adaptations that I stupidly reset on 4B. All appears to be good now. L and R light controller 1 and 2 needed to be activated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi I have the same error, what did you do to resolve this?

·
Registered
2019 Atlas SEL V6
3,452 Posts
Got a 2021 SEL P. OBD11 and VCP both let me down. First time I couldn't customize my VW. All I wanted to do was unblock menus while in motion. Now I am reading in here about the SFD stuff on the new models, but not seeing a conclusion.
Open your hood and try again. SFD is currently only on the MK8s and a particular model Skoda from all indications.

Reactions: shovelhead84

·
Registered
18 Posts
It is no different. My advice is to leave it alone

OBDeleven reported the wrong setting on my 2020 Arteon SEL-P R-Line
It told me the default was Off V1.
Foolishly, I spent 100 credits setting it to ON V3, which errored. (Looking at the history later on showed Old Value: OFF V1, New Value: Null)
I then spent another 100 credits setting "back" to OFF V1 (again, a later look at the histroy showed Old Value ON V3, New Value: OFF V1)

A couple of weeks later, during the 1st time that I would be driving at night, my brights did not work, despite the instrument panel reporting them to be on, the map in my digital cockpit did not turn to night mode.

I had to spend another 100 credits to set it back to ON V3.

Today I noticed this was added for OBDEleven. Does anybody know what this exactly does? Is this different from what the High Beam Assist does already? Thanks in advance. View attachment 81174

·
Registered
106 Posts

Foolishly, I spent 100 credits setting it to ON V3, which errored. (Looking at the history later on showed Old Value: OFF V1, New Value: Null)
I then spent another 100 credits setting "back" to OFF V1 (again, a later look at the histroy showed Old Value ON V3, New Value: OFF V1)

A couple of weeks later, during the 1st time that I would be driving at night, my brights did not work, despite the instrument panel reporting them to be on, the map in my digital cockpit did not turn to night mode.

Thanks for letting me know.

·
Registered
4 Posts
We’re you able to unblock menus?

·
Registered
2019 Atlas SEL V6
3,452 Posts
Try to code by opening your hood first, then connecting to your car. SFD is only on the MK8 Golfs and a particular model of Skoda, which is on MQBv38 platform. Certain models of Audis require the hood open in order for coding to be accepted and apparently this has trickled down to some more recent MY VWs.

Reactions: shovelhead84

·
Registered
4 Posts
Try to code by opening your hood first, then connecting to your car. SFD is only on the MK8 Golfs and a particular model of Skoda, which is on MQBv38 platform. Certain models of Audis require the hood open in order for coding to be accepted and apparently this has trickled down to some more recent MY VWs.

Do you recommend using VCDS or OBDEleven? I noticed OBDEleven doesn't have apps for the 2021 Arteon as of yet but am wondering if you can still code with it.... I haven't bought either yet but want to confirm before I make the purchase.

·
Registered
2019 Atlas SEL V6
3,452 Posts
I personally like both for different reasons, I started on VCDS so I’m familiar with using. I like OBD11 Pro since you can do everything that you can do in VCDS and it’s quick and convenient.

In regards to apps, I don’t like apps because you don’t truly know the actual coding being performed. There is enough out there here and on the web you can find the proper coding to perform what you without apps. I stay away because there is a chance it touches something you’ve manually coded and messes it up.

Reactions: sdvolksGTi

·
Registered
18 Posts

I then spent another 100 credits setting "back" to OFF V1 (again, a later look at the history showed Old Value ON V3, New Value: OFF V1)

After a brief email interchange with Voltas IT, they refunded all of the credits that I spent on the High Beam Assist app.

All 1400 of them.😲

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Appreciate it. Will be giving it a shot tomorrow. Took the Arteon on a 2600 mile road trip and didn't take the OBD11 with me.

Do you recommend using VCDS or OBDEleven? I noticed OBDEleven doesn't have apps for the 2021 Arteon as of yet but am wondering if you can still code with it.... I haven't bought either yet but want to confirm before I make the purchase.
It still connected, read, analyzed and cleared codes. It looks totally normal and you can try making changes. They just wont save. As stated above, I will be confirming tomorrow. That said, I will be doing it manually and do not expect to apply apps.

·
Registered
16,502 Posts
Appreciate it. Will be giving it a shot tomorrow. Took the Arteon on a 2600 mile road trip and didn't take the OBD11 with me.

It still connected, read, analyzed and cleared codes. It looks totally normal and you can try making changes. They just wont save. As stated above, I will be confirming tomorrow. That said, I will be doing it manually and do not expect to apply apps.
In for results

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Open your hood and try again. SFD is currently only on the MK8s and a particular model Skoda from all indications.
Popped the hood and everything worked great. Can't believe this was slowing me down... Thank you!

We’re you able to unblock menus?
Yes. All car settings and Android Auto menus I could find were unlocked in motion. The only thing still restricted was manual address input on the on-board navigation. Still need to look into that.

OBD11 Worked great for adaptations. Apps are not necessary.

In for results
Results are in for the '21 SEL-P. We have a winner!

OMG! 😆 The dynamic lighting is awesome. The flappers work and the lights are fully dynamic. The road and signs stay lit while the lights track other cars and keep them in a shadow. It literally wraps the lights around other vehicles, either in front of you or on-coming. You can see the shadow tracking a car as is drives by. The beams are wide and low when slow. Then high and tight at highway speed. I am highly impressed with the result. I wish every other car had this so I didn't have to get blinded 30 times while driving to the grocery.

Reactions: snobrdrdan

·
Registered
2019 Atlas SEL V6
3,452 Posts
[mention]shovelhead84 [/mention]look at my mod doc(s), I show how to enable the keyboard for Apple CarPlay and that same area is where you can do the same for Android Auto.

·
Registered
2019 Arteon SEL-P R-Line 4-Mo
635 Posts
Yes. All car settings and Android Auto menus I could find were unlocked in motion. The only thing still restricted was manual address input on the on-board navigation. Still need to look into that.
On my 2019 with MIB II, in 5F Long Coding there is a setting for ‘Speller,On’ when I unchecked that, the keyboard for the VW Nav unlocked for input while in motion. Not sure if it’s the same for MIB III, but something to check into.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
On my 2019 with MIB II, in 5F Long Coding there is a setting for ‘Speller,On’ when I unchecked that, the keyboard for the VW Nav unlocked for input while in motion. Not sure if it’s the same for MIB III, but something to check into.
Appreciate it. I went through the options noted in a previous thread. There were still a few items I could enable, but I played it safe. Will look for that one today.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Popped the hood and everything worked great. Can't believe this was slowing me down... Thank you!

OMG! The dynamic lighting is awesome. The flappers work and the lights are fully dynamic. The road and signs stay lit while the lights track other cars and keep them in a shadow. It literally wraps the lights around other vehicles, either in front of you or on-coming. You can see the shadow tracking a car as is drives by. The beams are wide and low when slow. Then high and tight at highway speed. I am highly impressed with the result. I wish every other car had this so I didn't have to get blinded 30 times while driving to the grocery.
I didn't see any preset apps for the '21, did you use a doc with long coding?

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,933 Posts

OMG! 😆 The dynamic lighting is awesome. The flappers work and the lights are fully dynamic. The road and signs stay lit while the lights track other cars and keep them in a shadow. It literally wraps the lights around other vehicles, either in front of you or on-coming. You can see the shadow tracking a car as is drives by. The beams are wide and low when slow. Then high and tight at highway speed. I am highly impressed with the result. I wish every other car had this so I didn't have to get blinded 30 times while driving to the grocery.
did you follow the same steps I outlined for the 2019 to get the flaps working on the 2021? Or did you need vcp? Can you post your long code? I’m so intrigued.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Not sure what instructions you have provided. A friend and fellow dubber had some German lighting instructions from upgrading his GTI. We used that and just flipped on the adaptations. I am happy to share the long code. I didn't have time to play with it today. Will try to get it tomorrow.

1201 - 1220 of 1268 Posts