VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1221 - 1240 of 1268 Posts

·
Registered
6,933 Posts
Not sure what instructions you have provided. A friend and fellow dubber had some German lighting instructions from upgrading his GTI. We used that and just flipped on the adaptations. I am happy to share the long code. I didn't have time to play with it today. Will try to get it tomorrow.
This is what I posted for the 2019 way back. But you needed vcp to activate the cut that is now part of the 2021 to finish it. Curious to see what you did for the 2021 as I’d like to do it to my new one.

So, this is the MDF/DLA activation. You're essentially telling the 3 modules that you are no longer using high beam assistance (light assist- which turns the high beams on/off above 37mph where permissible), but instead are using the MDF function which keeps high beams on essentially constantly with adaptability to oncoming traffic.

1. Make 3 Adaptations in Module 09
  • Select "Fernlicht_Assistent" adaptation menu
  • Change "Erweiterte Fernlichtsteuerung" to AFS FLA Fernlicht (GLW:MDF).
  • Change "Menusteuerung Fernlichtassistent" to present.
  • Change "Menusteuerung Fernlichtassistent Worksteinstellung" to present.

2. Make 2 Long Coding Changes in Module A5
  • Find byte 19. Change it to hex value 33.
  • Find byte 21. Change it to hex value 40.

3. Make 3 Long Coding Change in Module 4B (This also adds city lights, highway lights, rain lights, intersection lights)
  • Go into byte 10. Change it to hex value 7F.
  • Go into byte 11. Change it to hex value 23.
  • Go into byte 12. Change it to hex value 63.

4. Soft Reset MIB-II
  • Long press the power button until the system reboots and you see the startup screen

5. Set Factory Light Defaults
  • Car> Settings> Vehicle > Factory Defaults > Lights

6. Run Headlight Basic Settings in Module 4B (Make Sure on Level Ground)
  • Clear fault for "No headlight basic setting" in 4B- Won't initially work, but mandatory.
  • Go to "basic settings"< "Headlight basic settings" and hold green tick to set them. You'll notice the headlights pivot out.
  • Go back to "basic settings"< "Acknowledge headlight basic settings" and hold green tick to set them. The headlights will pivot back to normal position.
  • Clear fault for "No headlight basic setting" in 4B a second time. Your headlights should dance and the fault should clear.

7. Soft Reset MIB-II
  • Long press the power button until the system reboots and you see the startup screen

8. Set Factory Light Defaults
  • Car> Settings> Vehicle > Factory Defaults > Lights

Remember to put in the security access code in each module for good measure.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
@ice4life what VCP changes would I need to make to get this working on a 2019 and does it work as well as the 2021 when activated?

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
This is what I posted for the 2019 way back. But you needed vcp to activate the cut that is now part of the 2021 to finish it. Curious to see what you did for the 2021 as I’d like to do it to my new one.
Tried getting long code yesterday, but ran into a problem with the tablet. Will try again asap.

Instructions look pretty close. Had to clear the faults and lights made a more elaborate dance than stock. Did a quick entry cycle, but no actual head unit reboot. When it was all said an done, live status shows "rural highway" when stationary and HB enabled.

·
Registered
6,933 Posts
Tried getting long code yesterday, but ran into a problem with the tablet. Will try again asap.

Instructions look pretty close. Had to clear the faults and lights made a more elaborate dance than stock. Did a quick entry cycle, but no actual head unit reboot. When it was all said an done, live status shows "rural highway" when stationary and HB enabled.
Thanks looking forward to the coding changes. Also what is the live status you’re referencing?

And do you need to have the hood open on the 2021 to code? I think I saw that somewhere.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Thanks looking forward to the coding changes. Also what is the live status you’re referencing?

And do you need to have the hood open on the 2021 to code? I think I saw that somewhere.
Live status: Looking at the live diagnostic data on OBD11 to see what lighting mode the car is currently using at any given moment.

The 2021 does require the hood to be open for coding changes. This was new to me.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Just ran OBD11 on my 2021, w hood open. Got no new notice about subscription and still no apps.

·
Registered
8 Posts
New to VW and I got my Arteon '19 SEL recently. Skimming through I see lots of wonderful mods for the Premium trim are there any worthwhile modes for the non premium models? Thank you so much

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Any update on that long code?
I have not forgot. Finally passed hurdles and got OBD11 working on the tablet 2 days ago. Work has been consuming my time since. I have other changes I want to make along with getting you that backup.

·
Registered
6 Posts
hey guys i have a 2021 arteon sel r-line and im new here. i went through the steps to attempt to enable dla. i got through everything and got the faults to clear when resetting basic settings. but i now get fault codes in 09 and 4B. "U112400 Data BUS Additional Installations detected fault". any help on this would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
6,933 Posts
hey guys i have a 2021 arteon sel r-line and im new here. i went through the steps to attempt to enable dla. i got through everything and got the faults to clear when resetting basic settings. but i now get fault codes in 09 and 4B. "U112400 Data BUS Additional Installations detected fault". any help on this would be greatly appreciated
That’s only for the 2019. It’s different for the 2021 as the coding isn’t identical.

·
Registered
16,502 Posts
So I was able to do all of the mods I wanted to do (except for one) thru VagCom on my '21 SEL Premium. Kind of a pain trying to find it all (since most is in German), but it worked out:

-windows up/down via the keyfob
-windows up/down via the door handle
-key fob works with the car running
-heated seat retention
-seatbelt chime off (even though I DO wear it all the time)
-door chime off with the car running or ignition on
-able to input/access screens on the radio when driving
-DRL option in the radio menu
-disabled the lighting for the front amber side markers/reflectors
-Added the R-line logo to the gauge cluster (at the very bottom)
-DCC calibration (post H&R springs)

·
Registered
16,502 Posts
So...the one I couldn't get to work....

-Exhaust flaps open -- since I'm not sure when they open (since we don't have a Race or Sport mode like the Golf R)

Two that don't/won't work on our car:
-Staging (for the cluster)
-Mirrors folding out on remote start

·
Registered
16,502 Posts
doesn’t work on the new cockpit. Only the original.
How’d you get the rline logo on the cockpit?
That explains that....yeah it obviously didn't work.
And neither did the mirrors folding out on remote start

The (new) R-line logo only shows up tiny at the bottom of the cluster. (another option is the "old" R-line logo too)
It was under instruments & "R logo" in adaptations

0F138AFF-119F-43F1-BC0D-F2D2CA7F4E61 by snobrdrdan, on Flickr

E1B55433-CA36-4CA8-AD87-205B16E9CB0F by snobrdrdan, on Flickr

·
Registered
51 Posts
Was out at my 1st official VW show yesterday and chopped it up with another Artie owner. He had a 2021 (mines a 2020😒), and wasn't familiar with OBD11. I offered to let him unlock some features.but when synced up the unit it said no apps avail!?!? I've used it on 3 other cars with no issues, and per this forum, I'm pretty sure theres features. Is there something I'm missing?

1221 - 1240 of 1268 Posts