VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1241 - 1260 of 1268 Posts

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Was out at my 1st official VW show yesterday and chopped it up with another Artie owner. He had a 2021 (mines a 2020), and wasn't familiar with OBD11. I offered to let him unlock some features.but when synced up the unit it said no apps avail!?!? I've used it on 3 other cars with no issues, and per this forum, I'm pretty sure theres features. Is there something I'm missing?
from what iv been reading it’s
different for the 21’s. you can only do long coding for right now

·
Registered
6,933 Posts
This is what I’d like to code on my 2021. I need to get a new obd11 and find some time. I think most of them will be adaptations but I still need to figure out the proper steps for the 2021 to get DLA.
  • Add R Logo to Digital Cockpit
  • Change Digital Cockpit Theme
  • Unblock all Menus While Driving
  • Mirror Puddle Lights on When Folded
  • Mirror Reverse Puddle Parking Lights
  • Dynamic Light Assist
  • Auto High Beam Memory
  • Single Side Parking Lights
  • Lock Doors When Using Easy Close Trunk
  • 360 Camera on in R by Default
  • Deletion of Grab Steering Wheel Notification

If anyone has the steps required for these, please just reply and add them in for me. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
83 Posts
So I was able to do all of the mods I wanted to do (except for one) thru VagCom on my '21 SEL Premium. Kind of a pain trying to find it all (since most is in German), but it worked out:

-windows up/down via the keyfob
-windows up/down via the door handle
-key fob works with the car running
-heated seat retention
-seatbelt chime off (even though I DO wear it all the time)
-door chime off with the car running or ignition on
-able to input/access screens on the radio when driving
-DRL option in the radio menu
-disabled the lighting for the front amber side markers/reflectors
-Added the R-line logo to the gauge cluster (at the very bottom)
-DCC calibration (post H&R springs)
Interested to know what you did for the DCC I also just had the H&R springs installed also.

·
Registered
6 Posts
@ice4life you can't really disable grab steering wheel notification as that is deeper within the software itself. You can install a system that I used on my jetta that had lka. It's called openpilot here is the link :OpenPilot Unfortunately when vw upgraded the 21 arteon cameras the connecter that goes to the camera changed. This is due to the new MFK 3.0 being used for travel assist. Our cars are still mqb and will work once the wiring is figured out. I'm currently working with a developer to get this working on my 21 arteon. For everyone with 2020 and below with full DAP this should be relatively "plug and play".

·
Registered
16,502 Posts
Interested to know what you did for the DCC I also just had the H&R springs installed also.
Vehicle on jack stands (all four wheels completely hanging off the ground), go to module 14 Damping Electronics... Security Access 20103... go to basic settings and then run the calibration.
Takes a few seconds

·
Registered
108 Posts
Was out at my 1st official VW show yesterday and chopped it up with another Artie owner. He had a 2021 (mines a 2020😒), and wasn't familiar with OBD11. I offered to let him unlock some features.but when synced up the unit it said no apps avail!?!? I've used it on 3 other cars with no issues, and per this forum, I'm pretty sure theres features. Is there something I'm missing?
Nope, no apps available yet on the 21's

·
Registered
108 Posts
from what iv been reading it’s
different for the 21’s. you can only do long coding for right now
You are not limited to long coding on OBD11 for the 21's. I used the adaptations to allow me to access menus on the infotainment screen while in motion and I also coded my dynamic turn signals using just the adaptations on OBD11.

·
Registered
6,933 Posts
@ice4life you can't really disable grab steering wheel notification as that is deeper within the software itself. You can install a system that I used on my jetta that had lka. It's called openpilot here is the link :OpenPilot Unfortunately when vw upgraded the 21 arteon cameras the connecter that goes to the camera changed. This is due to the new MFK 3.0 being used for travel assist. Our cars are still mqb and will work once the wiring is figured out. I'm currently working with a developer to get this working on my 21 arteon. For everyone with 2020 and below with full DAP this should be relatively "plug and play".
Wow I want this. Hopefully they can get it figured out.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just got 21 arteon. Used the hex net today and turned the start stop off set to 12.1v and it didn’t take? Any ideas?

·
Registered
6,933 Posts
Got my new Obdeleven pro and did the following today:

Apps
Puddle lights on when folded
Area view lighting via puddle lights
Changed throttle to responsive from standard
Changed dynamic starting assist to early
Scandinavian DRL (permanent tails)
DRL off when light switch off
Fan level display in auto mode
Auto high beam memory
Interior lights fade on/off

Adaptations/Coding
Added R Line logo to digital cockpit
Changed digital cockpit tube style
Activated SSPL
Changed coming home lights to ignition from door
Unblocked all menus while in motion
Changed light assist to dynamic light assist (MDF)

wasn’t able to unblock menus while in motion nor was I able to set the easy close trunk to lock upon closure. Those have changed apparently from the 2019.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
damn, i need to update my OBDEleven and try this out.

·
Registered
106 Posts

Apps
Auto high beam memory

Adaptations/Coding
Activated SSPL

View attachment 105732

wasn’t able to unblock menus while in motion nor was I able to set the easy close trunk to lock upon closure. Those have changed apparently from the 2019.
Hey Ice, I have had the OBDEleven for a while already. Could you please tell me step by step how you added the R Logo as well as the other things you did like the Tube style Gauges??
I’d really really really appreciate it!!!! Thanks in advance if you can

·
Registered
355 Posts
Hmm. Guess I need to take another shot. Did a bunch of these a little over a week ago and not much too. Change lane change to 4 blinks as well, still only get 3. Anyone else have anything not change?

·
OBDeleven
Audi, Volkswagen, Seat, Škoda, Lamborghini, Bentley
76 Posts
Hey Ice, I have had the OBDEleven for a while already. Could you please tell me step by step how you added the R Logo as well as the other things you did like the Tube style Gauges??
I’d really really really appreciate it!!!! Thanks in advance if you can
Hello, write to our support team via OBD live chat. We will tell you step by step how to do the R line and many other things.

·
Registered
6,933 Posts
Hello, write to our support team via OBD live chat. We will tell you step by step how to do the R line and many other things.
I need help getting dynamic light assist activated. I made the changes in 09 and A5, and did basic settings in 4B, but the system is still acting like it is high beam assist and not doing the cut out. It shouldn’t need vcp since the 21 is already flashed.

·
Registered
108 Posts

Apps
Auto high beam memory

Adaptations/Coding
Activated SSPL

I was able to unblock menus while in motion on my 21. It wasn't an app, I did it through the adaptations. I can provide that info if you want.

I also did most of the same apps you did but the throttle response I honestly can't tell a difference.

1241 - 1260 of 1268 Posts