VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
2,221 - 2,240 of 2,287 Posts
VW Golf 7 R - 10 colour mod with independent brightness control for AID and MIB2

Hello all!
Hope my message finds you well!
I own a 2015 VW Golf 7R with MIB 2 - Discovery Pro and Active Info Display / Virtual Cockpit, how you wanna call it (retrofitted, of couse - all works OK).
I have tried to tweak the codings in order to get in Background Lightning the virtual slider that allows me to choose the color of my AID and MIB2 - since the LEDs from the doors are not multicolored.
I have followed the below indicated guide, however I am encountering some problems: https://www.reddit.com/r/Golf_R/comments/du1ni4/the_aid_coding_mod_is_amazing/

9 - Central Electronics Security

Instrumententafelbeleuchtung mehrfarbig
--active - OK

Interior light, light configuration

Ambiente_Applikationsleisten_in_Instrumententafel
-- installed - OK

Ambient_Farbliste_HMI
-- active - OK

Ambientemenue mit alle Zonen
-- active - OK

Ambientemenue mit globalem aus
-- active - OK

-->Adaptation -> Interior lighting, parameter

p_ambientelicht_verbauinformation_HMI
11111111 (IDEAL value) -> 11 (CURRENT value)

p_ambientelicht_verbauinformation_HMI_2
11111111 (IDEAL value) -> 11 (CURRENT value)

## SAME COLOR IN MMI

09 - Central Electrics - Adaptation - Interior lighting, parameter

p_ambienteumfang_mehrfarbig_HMI
100 (IDEAL value) -> 10 (CURRENT value)

p_ambienteumfang_mehrfarbig_HMI_2
100 (IDEAL value) -> 10 (CURRENT value)

--> 09 Central Electrics -> Adaptation -> Ambientelicht Farbliste

-- RESET MMI

Vehicle - Settings - Background lightning -> e VOILA

You also need to put all 10 colours in Ambientelicht Farbliste

PROBLEM #1) I do not have Ambientelicht Farbliste listed in the Adaptations list.
PROBLEM #2) I cannot set any of the parameters marked with the color red because I encounter the same error message "Please enter 1 hexadecimal bytes separated by space" - printscreen attached.
PROBLEM #3) Since I do not have Ambientelicht Farbliste, after setting the parameters marked in red to their current values, I enabled - sort of - all ten colors. By default I only had three. When I go to colors 4 to 10, I cannot edit them. I encounter the same error message, and their current value is E1 when it should have been a number - print screen attached.
PROBLEM #4) Last but not least, after reset, Vehicle Settings - Background lightning - the color slider should have appeared and it should have allowed me to select the color of my AID and MIB2. Of course it did not. I only have a slider that turn on or off the footlightning and doors. Does not change anything in the MIB or AID. Just dims the lightning. Print screen attached.

Thank you!
Please help!

I believe if I will be able to enable the Ambientelicht Farbliste and set correctly the values, in order to stop the car asking me for hexadecimal, it should work. Theoretically.
Hope you can see the photos.

https://ibb.co/zQ2rgHh
https://ibb.co/gJtfk7v
https://ibb.co/TPcXRp8
https://ibb.co/hfbw685

Can I increase the brightness of my blind spot indicator light

I have a 2017 Golf R. Does anyone know if there is something I can do through central electronics using my OBD11 to increase the brightness of my blind spot indicator light in the mirror.

There are times when I do not even notice it going off. Thanks.

I have a 2017 Golf R. Does anyone know if there is something I can do through central electronics using my OBD11 to increase the brightness of my blind spot indicator light in the mirror.

There are times when I do not even notice it going off. Thanks.
Try this:

Blind Spot Indicator Intensity

Adaptations
Turn Signal Control
Warnblinktastersuchbeleuchtung Grundwert (I search for Grundwert)
Default is 6%, upped mine to 50%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You’re welcome, love this little tweak. Much more noticeable during the day and at night.

I cant find turn signal control. Does the 7.5 have this?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Did you try using grundwert as your search string? That’s how I found it. Do you have the blind spot monitoring indicator in your side view mirrors?

I have DAP. How do I search? Never seen that? Where's that feature at?

I used VCDS, when you go into the module, and in Adaptations there’s a search box. I typed grund or grundwert and the drop down above will list only items that contain that string.

I cant find turn signal control. Does the 7.5 have this?

I thought this would be a great tweak, but unfortunately it doesn't appear to be available on my 2018 Mk. 7.5 Golf R. I installed the European heated aspherical mirrors (with blind spot monitoring) but the VCDS doesn't find the Blind Spot Indicator Intensity Turn Signal Control. Anybody find it somewhere else?

Try this:

Blind Spot Indicator Intensity

Adaptations
Turn Signal Control
Warnblinktastersuchbeleuchtung Grundwert (I search for Grundwert)
Default is 6%, upped mine to 50%

Does anyone know how to do this with Ross Tech?

Thanks!

The BSM intensity tweak comes from here, page 178 actually.

Here is the translation from Translator - Warning flashing button search lighting basic value

Copied from page 178:

Blind Spot Indicator Intensity Adjustment Central Electrics Adaptations Turn Signal Control Warnblinktastersuchbeleuchtung Grundwert Stock value is 10% with a range choice from 0-255

Others noticed it seems brighter and even my wife who didn’t even know I tried this out, mentioned that the BSM light seemed brighter when she drove it. So who knows, maybe it works maybe it doesn’t. Could be entirely placebo effect.

So [emoji23] all you want, but it’s from this thread.

The BSM intensity tweak comes from here, page 178 actually.

Here is the translation from Translator - Warning flashing button search lighting basic value

Copied from page 178:

Blind Spot Indicator Intensity Adjustment Central Electrics Adaptations Turn Signal Control Warnblinktastersuchbeleuchtung Grundwert Stock value is 10% with a range choice from 0-255

Others noticed it seems brighter and even my wife who didn’t even know I tried this out, mentioned that the BSM light seemed brighter when she drove it. So who knows, maybe it works maybe it doesn’t. Could be entirely placebo effect.

So [emoji23] all you want, but it’s from this thread.
A very quick translation on translate.google.com - Warnblinktastersuchbeleuchtung Grundwert = "Hazard warning lights switch search illumination base value". Note, if you click on the translation, there are improved options. The base option is pretty much just a literal translation, but that rarely is ever accurate. This setting is just the brightness of the hazards button.

There's just a lot of these silly recommendations out there, people are changing things they don't even realize. This whole VCDS/OBD11 thing would be a lot more legit if people didn't post up crap, but it would also help if people called out incorrect coding... which is what is happening right now. :thumbup:

Maybe I missed it in these posts, but is this setting the ones that change the rear blinkers from dimming to straight on/off blinking?

Avoid Dimming LED Lights when Blinking

Select Control unit 09 (Central Electrics)
Security access
Access Code 31347
Adaptation
(12)-Leuchte2SL VLB10-Lichtfunction E2
Select: not active
(12)-Leuchte3SL VRB21-Lichtfunction E3
Select: not active

Update: Nevermind, I got it setup how I wanted through the coding identified in one of the first posts. Now I have the 5 taillight mod (for brake lights), with the outer bulbs fully flashing on and off for blinkers.

Anyone had luck with progressive interior light on the pre-facelift R

https://youtu.be/CNeqtHO7QqM

I tried these:

Module(09) - Central Electrics
Adaption
Submenu: Suchbeleuchtung_allgemein
Value: KL58 Einschalten mit Rampe -> active

But was not able to find Suchbeleuchtung_allgemein instead I found "Interior light" the value was there, I activated it but nothing happened.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

^^^ anyone?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

2,221 - 2,240 of 2,287 Posts