VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
2,241 - 2,260 of 2,287 Posts
No, with this tweak it progressively turns on your interior lights, watch the video [emoji16]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Maybe this might help in some way, maybe not :p

Some years back i wanted the cluster illumination to stay always on (was in winter so my mornings were dark) so i found the below. by default they only come on when parks are switched on...
See what options you get when you access this (i cant tell you as i dont have my car with me)

Open Controller
Security Access - 25327
[Adaption-10] > Change (1)-Illumination-Scale_switching_algorithm from parking_light to lds

** another thing comes to mind, would there be a light sensitivity option to change or tinker with? I think if you get this step right then you can change one of the light functions of the footwells to act as the dash illumination light.

Either my Google-fu sucks or there's no good answer, but is there any way to increase the update/refresh rate for the speedo on the MFD through VCDS mods? It'd be nice to see near "real-time" updating of this display if possible...

pull up smoothly to a stop around town

Can anyone help me figure out what this adaption is under brakes? you can set it to early late normal or off. Wondering if this will help with bog off the line for manual cars like starting vibration reduction did.

Also has anyone found the "steel springs" / Magnetic ride adaption for the 16R??

Thanks!
Did you ever get to understand the "adaption under brakes? you can set it to early late normal or off question? I'd like to understand my brakes better too. In particular, I seem to have to concentrate hard to pull up smoothly to a stop around town.

No, with this tweak it progressively turns on your interior lights, watch the video [emoji16]

This worked for me, 2016 Golf R

Module: 09 (Central Electronics)
Security Access → Code: 31347

Adaptation → Channel: Interior lighting-KL58 Einschalten mit Rampe
New value: active

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This worked on my 2016 Golf R as well. I like it! Thanks for posting.

Worked, thanks a bunch

does anyone have coding to change the color scheme of the display screen? Whether it's blue or stock, I just want to change it. I currently have some orange/red/white scheme that I want to revert back to stock or all blue. Please help!!

My GoogleFu is failing me as it looks like most people are trying to enable Siri on older models.

Does anyone know how to DISABLE the requirement of Siri being turned on to use CarPlay?

TOFO

I tried this on my 17 R using OBD11 and its not working as smooth. At first I thought it wasn't working but then I put the lights at max brightness using the little dial by the light switch and turned the lights on/off again. The lights still jump on to the lowest brightness you can get from that dial then they ramp up to full brightness. When turning off they dim to the low level then jump off. I tried disabling the setting then re-enabling it with the dial at max brightness, that made no difference, they still jump on to low level then ramp up. Any idea on something I could try to get them to work like the video?

Newby to OBDeleven

Just finally bought an OBDeleven pro iOS after 4 1/2 fun years of 2016 Golf R ownership. Have been through most of this thread, and there is not a great deal I'm interested in doing, but there are some things, particularly related to the tail lights (stock lights with LED bulbs). One thing I've not come across yet is directions on how to get to the long coding process in the first place, though I have certainly found out what to change when I get there! Even the directions within the app developer FAQs were not sufficiently clear to me. I tried to get them to add a one click app to change the rear blinkers to four light as they did for the five light brake lights, which I have already done, but they showed no interest in doing so. I hate being so technically challenged, but can someone help me out, or at least point me in the right direction to further my skills with this potentially very useful tool?

Just finally bought an OBDeleven pro iOS after 4 1/2 fun years of 2016 Golf R ownership. Have been through most of this thread, and there is not a great deal I'm interested in doing, but there are some things, particularly related to the tail lights (stock lights with LED bulbs). One thing I've not come across yet is directions on how to get to the long coding process in the first place, though I have certainly found out what to change when I get there! Even the directions within the app developer FAQs were not sufficiently clear to me. I tried to get them to add a one click app to change the rear blinkers to four light as they did for the five light brake lights, which I have already done, but they showed no interest in doing so. I hate being so technically challenged, but can someone help me out, or at least point me in the right direction to further my skills with this potentially very useful tool?
Look on YouTube for videos/guides of people making the changes. It's really confusing the first time but then once you figure out where to "go" in the menu its easy. ie. this one shows adaptations https://youtu.be/9ryZps0JWiI?t=87

Maybe this might help in some way, maybe not :p

Some years back i wanted the cluster illumination to stay always on (was in winter so my mornings were dark) so i found the below. by default they only come on when parks are switched on...
See what options you get when you access this (i cant tell you as i dont have my car with me)

Open Controller
Security Access - 25327
[Adaption-10] > Change (1)-Illumination-Scale_switching_algorithm from parking_light to lds

** another thing comes to mind, would there be a light sensitivity option to change or tinker with? I think if you get this step right then you can change one of the light functions of the footwells to act as the dash illumination light.
does anyone know the full vcds coding to have the dash illumination to stay on all the time even without the parking switch turn on?

Look on YouTube for videos/guides of people making the changes. It's really confusing the first time but then once you figure out where to "go" in the menu its easy. ie. this one shows adaptations https://youtu.be/9ryZps0JWiI?t=87
Thanks Ecsta. Had seen a few on youtube linked from here, but unclear to me how they got to the place where they did the long coding. So will drill down a little deeper there. Also hope to soon understand the difference between long coding and adaptations!

Can anyone point me to the coding to allow the trunk to Chirp when it closes and the doors are locked? 2019 R 7.5

Thanks,
Saw a thread on this a while back and its not that simple. The NA vehicles don't have the same alarm system so there is no chirp, even though we have an alarm its just different. It uses the horn instead which I think is annoying and hard to hear half the time. Some folks have messed around and added the proper modules to make the chirp sound but can't recall where that thread is. Its a bit of work.

Can anyone point me to the coding to allow the trunk to Chirp when it closes and the doors are locked? 2019 R 7.5

Thanks,
Saw a thread on this a while back and its not that simple. The NA vehicles don't have the same alarm system so there is no chirp, even though we have an alarm its just different. It uses the horn instead which I think is annoying and hard to hear half the time. Some folks have messed around and added the proper modules to make the chirp sound but can't recall where that thread is. Its a bit of work.
It's pretty involved to get the "audi" chirp assuming that's what you mean: here's the GTI thread: https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?7106401-Chirp-alarm-siren-for-GTI-MKVII

If you just want it to beep the horn when you close the trunk with the doors locked, mine does that stock. Did you accidentally disable it maybe?

It's pretty involved to get the "audi" chirp assuming that's what you mean: here's the GTI thread: https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?7106401-Chirp-alarm-siren-for-GTI-MKVII

If you just want it to beep the horn when you close the trunk with the doors locked, mine does that stock. Did you accidentally disable it maybe?
On my 2016 GTI, the horn beeps when the truck is closed with the doors locked. This is what I want my 2019½ R to do. This car is not programed this way from the factory. I am in and out of the truck multiple times a day, and if I am not paying close attention to looking for the flash of the tail lights, I have no way to know for sure that I locked the doors. Then I have to go back to the door and confirm. Just a simple audio acknowledgement would be enough. I thought it would be easy.

2,241 - 2,260 of 2,287 Posts