VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My VDO Vision boost gauge buzzes. I added a fuel filter from an RC car. It still buzzes.
The FRAM fuel filter i bought was too big for the vacuum tubing (FRAM G2DP) and it's hard to find small fittings for these things around here.
I'll try replacing the RC filter with a regular one...if i can find one small enough at an auto parts store.
Any ideas???

· Banned
3,786 Posts
Re: VDO boost gauge still buzzes after adding RC car inline fuel filter. (SLI)

Who cares? Just don't think about it and you won't hear it anymore.
That's what I did. I got over it and now I don't hear anything..
Just drive .... http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
1,451 Posts
Re: VDO boost gauge still buzzes after adding RC car inline fuel filter. (Tadd)

Quote, originally posted by Tadd »
Who cares? Just don't think about it and you won't hear it anymore.
That's what I did. I got over it and now I don't hear anything..
Just drive .... http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

he speaks the truth

· Registered
6,776 Posts
Re: VDO boost gauge still buzzes after adding RC car inline fuel filter. (SLI)

Get a motorcycle fuel filter with a paper element these seem to work the best. I got mine at Autozone for 1.99 and was the perfect size, but it took a long time looking for it. More tubing helps too.

· Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: VDO boost gauge still buzzes after adding RC car inline fuel filter. (judoGTI)

thanks for the suggestion. i'll check that out
how far from the FPR did you install it??? mine is approx near the center of the engine cover.

· Registered
12,232 Posts
Re: (joness0154)

I too have had nothing but problems with my VDO guage.I'm sick of seeing threads related to this topic already.You would think that such a popular guage and company would be able to get these quality problems solved by now.The guages buzz,the guages are off "0",etc.
These guages are basically affordable junk anyone can afford off of the Autozone shelves where all the other rice parts reside.

I am shortly purchasing the Apexi guage i originally wanted for $110 from NOPI.

· Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: (20gti1.8turbo02)

I'm going to try the extra tubing trick, as soon as i can find the right fittings.
Autoparts shops around here have no idea what i'm talking about.
Quote, originally posted by 20gti1.8turbo02 »
bro i have the same problem and i guess were both beet so ide say just for get about it

· Registered
6,776 Posts
Re: (SLI)

Quote, originally posted by SLI »
I'm going to try the extra tubing trick, as soon as i can find the right fittings.
Autoparts shops around here have no idea what i'm talking about.

Go to the home depot plumbing section for good brass fittings. That is where I got mine. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.